What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q: How to use a Camera with VOIP applications?

ashry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hallo all,
I use "Skype" on my iPad (the version is intended for iPhone, but I couldn't find a version for iPad), and I need to use the camera connection kit, not only to transfer photos from a camera to the iPad, but also to connect and use a PC-like camera while chatting.... is that possible in the first place?
Does it depend on the OS or/and the application used (for example, is something other than "Skype" doing that?)

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to do the same thing but currently there is no way to connect a camera to an iPad. There is an app to connect your iPhone camera to the iPad and use that for Skype. To me this option is quite useless as I don't own iPhone and probably never will. Unfortunately there is little demand for an iPad camera as there is no 3rd party that would offer such accessory.

Most reactions