What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problem with cellular data on IPad 2

iluvbdon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased a new IPad 2, I still have my original IPad also. I cancelled my cellular data plan on the original IPad and setup the new cellular data plan on the new IPad 2. Everything looks like it is connected, I have ATT bars at the top. The data plan shows that it is active, yet I can not hit the internet unless I turn the wi fi on......has anyone else had this issue?:confused:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't cancel anything. I just switch the micro-SIM card between my iPad 1 and 2. Works fine.

OP
I

iluvbdon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your assistance, after spending the afternoon on the phone with AT&T, evidently I had a bad SIM card in the IPad 2 that I purchased. AT&T put in a new SIM card and I am good to go.

meowin0921

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iluvbdon said:
I just purchased a new IPad 2, I still have my original IPad also. I cancelled my cellular data plan on the original IPad and setup the new cellular data plan on the new IPad 2. Everything looks like it is connected, I have ATT bars at the top. The data plan shows that it is active, yet I can not hit the internet unless I turn the wi fi on......has anyone else had this issue?:confused:

Ialso have the same problem

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iluvbdon said:

Ialso have the same problem

Did you try transferring your account as it suggested in the article I posted? I know one of the posters simply swapped their SIM and the OP found they had a bad SIM, so maybe your SIM is bad too.

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been swapping my SIM between iPad 1 and 2 for months without problem. I didn't transfer or otherwise change my AT&T unlimited account, which is grandfathered.

I checked with AT&T and the rep said there were no restrictions against the swapping back and forth. I also had the rep note in my account that I'd checked, in case any problems arise in future. I've used the same account since the debut of iPad 1's 3G model.

Most reactions

Latest posts