What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problem viewing Trash

ventura1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am on an iPad 4 linked to Lotus Notes (I know... it's a work iPad).
If I accidentally delete something, and then go to my Trash to retrieve it, the Trash EMPTIES as soon as I click on the icon! I see my messages for a split second in the list, but then the system deletes them before I can do anything.
Any thoughts as to where I can change the Trash folder back to a folder and not and auto-empty button?

Thank you!!

carona

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, too, want to be able to view and retrieve items that were accidentally trashed.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I, too, want to be able to view and retrieve items that were accidentally trashed.

Hi Carona - welcome to the forum! :) You need to be more specific about what you mean by 'trash' - the stock iPad has no general 'TRASH' icon like on a regular computer nor do most of the apps have such a function - mail accounts will have trash options (depending on how the account is configured) - SO, what trash are you talking about?

carona

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Carona - welcome to the forum! :) You need to be more specific about what you mean by 'trash' - the stock iPad has no general 'TRASH' icon like on a regular computer nor do most of the apps have such a function - mail accounts will have trash options (depending on how the account is configured) - SO, what trash are you talking about?

I'm new to this. I was talking about mail. I have accidentally deleted items that I needed to get back, but couldn't. I got to the trash can, bit all it did is gobble up whatever email got there with me. I finally figured out how to retrieve trashed emails yesterday. Ipad is really very different from the computer. I like it a lot, though. Use it everyday. Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm new to this. I was talking about mail. I have accidentally deleted items that I needed to get back, but couldn't. I got to the trash can, bit all it did is gobble up whatever email got there with me. I finally figured out how to retrieve trashed emails yesterday. Ipad is really very different from the computer. I like it a lot, though. Use it everyday. Thanks.

Well, glad that you found a solution - indeed, the iPad (and iOS) is 'different' from a regular computer; hopefully, iOS 7 will bring some innovations that will draw the 'OS Universe' into closer alignment - ;) :D

Most reactions

Latest posts