What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problem tranfering ibooks to new ipad

hotairgypsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the ipad 1 which i backup up before hooking up the new ipad. I restored everything to the new ipad and all seemed to work except the ibooks. They show on my itunes fine but didnt get on the ipad. I have unselected them and reselected them and synced but didnt work...my old ipad was not jailbroken so i dont think that is the issue...any advice? BTW...they were not books i bought from the apps store..i downloaded and imported into itunes and synced into the original ipad...

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the ipad 1 which i backup up before hooking up the new ipad. I restored everything to the new ipad and all seemed to work except the ibooks. They show on my itunes fine but didnt get on the ipad. I have unselected them and reselected them and synced but didnt work...my old ipad was not jailbroken so i dont think that is the issue...any advice? BTW...they were not books i bought from the apps store..i downloaded and imported into itunes and synced into the original ipad...

I think this happen to both the books and the music/video under the iPad folder. Luckily I managed all my books completely elsewhere so I can easily drag all the books back after the restoration.

I've restore my iPad/iPad3 a number of times but I don't know how to get around it. Anyone else care to shed some light?

gwrgolfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grouchomarx said:
I think this happen to both the books and the music/video under the iPad folder. Luckily I managed all my books completely elsewhere so I can easily drag all the books back after the restoration.

I've restore my iPad/iPad3 a number of times but I don't know how to get around it. Anyone else care to shed some light?

I copied a load of books across using an app called Calibre - it wasn't in the App Store. It can also convert books into different formats

Most reactions

Latest posts