What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private calendars

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I assume that it's possible but I can't figure out how.

My iPad is synced to out business exchange server via wifi for mail / contacts / calendars but to my home PC vis iTunes for apps and music.

I'd look to put calendar info into the iPad that I can see on the iPad but that is not copied to the exchange server and therefore can be seen on the network.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok.

In the top left corner of the calendar app, it has a button labeled "calendars".
Tap that and a window pops up. For you there should be a calendar labeled like "exchange" or something.
Then there should be one labeled "on my iPad".

So, you can check an un-check the calendars, and that changes what you see on the iPad. So, change a date on the exchange, and it syncs to the server. Change a date when exchange is un-checked, and it stays on the iPad and to iTunes.

OP
K

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, you can check an un-check the calendars, and that changes what you see on the iPad. So, change a date on the exchange, and it syncs to the server. Change a date when exchange is un-checked, and it stays on the iPad and to iTunes.

Ta.
I found the calendars with things ticked but I haven't found a combination of ticked an not ticked that doesn't sync. I guess I'll have to play a little longer.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
K1W1 said:
Ta.
I found the calendars with things ticked but I haven't found a combination of ticked an not ticked that doesn't sync. I guess I'll have to play a little longer.

Thats all I can figure. Just play with it. Or install a calendar app from the app store and keep your calendar separate.

OP
K

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There doesn't appear to be any way of having an "on my iPad" type calendar. They all seem to have to be linked to an email account in some way so I'll just use one linked to a Gmail account. It will solve the problem but it's not exactly what I wanted.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
The way grey wolf descifbed works, it just sounds like you have your default calendar as your exchange one so all entries are going to that one, change it to the on my iPad calendar and that will solve that problem.

OP
K

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The way grey wolf descifbed works, it just sounds like you have your default calendar as your exchange one so all entries are going to that one, change it to the on my iPad calendar and that will solve that problem.

How?
I can't see how to change the default

When I go to the Calenders selection button (top left of screen) I get the following)

Show all Calenders (toggles all the ticks on or off)

Gmail
[email protected] (my Gmail account)

NPS (This is the company account)
All NPS
Calendar
Calendar (Not sure why there are two)

Other
Birthdays

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You change the default in settings - mail contacts and calendars - default calendar account.

Edit - also do you not have a on my iPad calendar listed in the calendar app ? From your description it's not obvious if you do or not.

Last edited:
OP
K

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I go to Settings / Mail, Contacts, Calenders and the the Default Calender selection there are only three options;

Gmail
NPS
-Calendar
-Calendar

(I'm still not sure why there are two calendars listed under NPS)

I can find no "On my iPad" option listed anywhere under the Calendar App

From a practical point of view it's not a major issue. I can just use the Gmail calendar as my personal one. It's just annoying I guess.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
It's strange, you don't appear to have a on my iPad calendar, don't know how that happened.

Most reactions

Latest posts