What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing two pages to a sheet of a4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I have dne a search and not found my answer (also went to the Apple Support Community... Man are those guys just rude!)

I have a two page document I'd like to print on one page of a4 paper. Using Pages, iPad 2 and iOS 5, is there anyway to do this please?

Many thank yous!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd love to be able to do this too - but I've not found a way. Subscribing to this thread in case someone out there knows the answer.

Tim

OP
Milliebert

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah! Thank you, that means at least I am not alone!

I have thought of a workaround, but it was whilst I was waking up this morning so I haven't tried it yet. Technically, it's not printing landscape side-by-side pages, but... I think sending a landscape template from the laptop to Pages, and then using the columns option might work. But this needs to be done when starting the document I think. I write short stories, and then print a copy and stick it into my notebook, so I'd really like to be able to do this without sending the document to the laptop first.

A shrink to fit or different page size option would have been perfect!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to try something else. I also use FingerPrint, which is a PC app that makes a PC 'look' like an AirPrint printer. It then directs the receiving printing data to any Windows printer that's attached. Now, from the iPad, you don't get access to all the print options that you would in a Windows dialog box, but I was wondering what might happen (or even whether I could) set the Windows default printer to print side-by-side automatically. Then, I'm wondering, what would happen if I used FingerPrint and tried to print from the iPad to that default printer.

I'm out at the moment, but I'll let you know if it works....

Tim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I know nothing about Pages, cause I don't have it. But...

...can you take a screen shot of each page and then paste the pictures of the two pages into a Pages ... page? You can then resize them on the new page to make them side-by-side and as big as you can? Then, print that page?

If it's a stupid idea, never mind and I'll shut up ... :eek:

Marilyn

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The downside I can see is that the printing would end up at screen resolution and not printer resolution - which is usually much higher. But it's a good workaround!

Thanks, Marilyn!

Tim

DenysB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I have dne a search and not found my answer (also went to the Apple Support Community... Man are those guys just rude!)

I have a two page document I'd like to print on one page of a4 paper. Using Pages, iPad 2 and iOS 5, is there anyway to do this please?

Many thank yous!
If you have access to Pages on a laptop or Mac, you can set the document layout to give you facing A5 pages on a sheet of A4. The retrieved file on your iPad will still show this, and you can edit it etc. Be aware that to print it correctly you need to use the Layout option within the Print menu. Unless you have a printer selected, you won’t get that far, and exporting to pdf just gets you back to single pages. I haven’t discovers how to do this without starting from a Mac, nor how to create a facing pages pdf on my iPad without having a printer…

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a thread from 2011. Many features have changed since then.
Also, the OP hasn‘t been backs since 2014.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts