What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing One Page On IPad 2

Saige

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I print just one page on the IPad 2 instead of all the document?

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, to get a definative answer, you may need to provide a little more information. Are you using an airprint printer? What app are you using and what kind of documet are you printing.
With my airprint printer in iBooks I can select the page or range of pages I want to print from a pdf document.
If I want to print from an app that doesn't support airprint or if I want to print just part of a page, I can copy the page or section of a page into the clipboard then print it using the printer pro app.
Hope this helps, if you need a better answer, provide a little more information. I'm sure there is somebody that can help you.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Pamis58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same question for printing. I can print from my ipad3 but only need to print out part of it not all of it, which sometimes contains 2 or 3 pages..I don't see any place to nightlight just the areas want printed, like I can do at the computer. Oh and i have iprint set up for my epson ..
Thanks

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pamis58 said:
I have the same question for printing. I can print from my ipad3 but only need to print out part of it not all of it, which sometimes contains 2 or 3 pages..I don't see any place to nightlight just the areas want printed, like I can do at the computer. Oh and i have iprint set up for my epson ..
Thanks

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I've just downloaded iprint and it does say it can do page range.....trouble is I don't have an Epson printer, so I can't actually test it. Do you get up a printing option box when you do go to print something? The page range should be here.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Airprint; printing from Safari or Mail does not give a page range option; probably because they expect you to only print the entire page or email.

Most other apps that have built in AirPrint do offer a page range option. Pages, GoodReader, PDF Expert, and one or two others I've noticed.

In short, it depends on the app you print from.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks

It is possible to print only selected text images, though it's not a one step process.

I use the PDF Converter app from Readdle. Select and copy whatever you want (usually from Safari) then open PDF Converter. Choose the Clipboard option. It will give a preview of what the document will look like (not always like it was on the website) and you can convert it. Once converted you can use the icon to the right in the document list to print. If there is more than one page you will get a page range option.

This should work to some degree in any app or browser that lets you select and copy content.

Quick Tip: In Safari, sometimes you can't select images. Instead select nearby text and drag the selection handles to include the image.

Most reactions

Latest posts