What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Print2Pdf - Workaround

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those users of Print2Pdf - acquired from the Apple store prior to last August, the program has since been pulled from the Apple Store and the functionality of it in iOS 5 has been defeated and disabled. Fooey!

But if one already has it installed, there is a Workaround, posted by the app's developers on their website at http://printtopdfapp.wordpress.com/2011/12/06/print-to-pdf-ios5-workaround/

There just doesn't seem to be any other application that functions like this... start the app, go back to the web browser (or whatever), select print, and select Print2Pdf as the printer - to create a PDF document. Such a simple operation. If anyone knows of any other app (I haven't yet looked on Cydia) that functions in this manner, please let us know.

Thanks,

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

rconn2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking for exactly this kind of app -- the ability to print to a PDF document. I both found it and found out that it's been removed by Apple! I rarely make actual printouts on paper. But, I do print receipts and so on from web pages to PDF.

I had just this need today. I renewed my membership for some service and at the end was shown a web page where I could print my temporary membership card. But, on my very expensive new iPad I couldn't save or print the web page. I could email the link, but it was a dynamic page -- the link wouldn't work. So, I was stuck. That's why I searched for a PDF printer app.

It's shocking and disturbing that Apple has prevented such functionality; has deliberately hobbled the iPad. Isn't the idea to make the customer happy and provide useful functions? I'm truly disgusted. I've wasted hours trying to find a solution to a basic function and one that was available. Do I have to jailbreak to get around Apple's asinine over-control? I don't have time for this.

This is a realization why there are so many passionately anti-Apple. Right now the iPad is the best. But other hardware and os's will catch up, and be more open. (I could see if Apple's control had some good effect, but many of the apps in their app store are crap with bogus gushing reviews and real users bitter at being ripped off.). Hobbling products is unacceptable.

Last edited:

jimmiem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I owned this app but I uninstalled it after it stopped working. I just recently found out about this workaround and went to try to reinstall it only to learn that I don't have a copy of it anywhere. Some discontinued apps can be redownloaded from the App Store but this one isn't available.

Is there any way for me to recover a copy of the app and reinstall it? Again, I bought and own the app. I don't want to pirate it, I just want to get my copy back and working.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jimmiem said:
I owned this app but I uninstalled it after it stopped working. I just recently found out about this workaround and went to try to reinstall it only to learn that I don't have a copy of it anywhere. Some discontinued apps can be redownloaded from the App Store but this one isn't available.

Is there any way for me to recover a copy of the app and reinstall it? Again, I bought and own the app. I don't want to pirate it, I just want to get my copy back and working.

I'm sorry to say that unless you have a stored copy if the app on your computer, there's no hope of recovering a copy to download.

Most reactions

Latest posts