What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre Order Apple TV

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may sound Like overkill but I already have a Vizio with Via Apps. Bought ATV for iPad and cloud support.

Chicago

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works great for AirPlay. If I didn't have ATV2 I would get one. mirroring programs resolution is only so so, let me know how it works with your new unit.

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chicago said:
It works great for AirPlay. If I didn't have ATV2 I would get one. mirroring programs resolution is only so so, let me know how it works with your new unit.

What kinda TV do you have? I gotta Vizio Via 42inch 1080p

Chicago

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, been gone awhile. We have a 50" Panasonic Plasma 1080i, 120mhz. I want to get another apple tv or Roku to take with traveling. I spend 4 nights a week in hotels and watch HULU+, Crackle, and Netflix when I get a chance. The Ipad works great when wired to the TV (HDMI) but you have to go to it to pause, change, etc. I know it's Lazy but I would love to have a $100.00 HDMI remote control. Roku plays HULU+ but no mirror function, or iPhone app. But mirroring Hulu to the apple tv loses some resolution. If you can, let me know what streaming HULU to your TV2 looks like. sorry for being so long winded.

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good stuff to know. Get a 3 and use 2 on the go. Or if you can find one and don't care buy a cheaper 2. Is yours jailbroken?

Upset cuz mine actually arrived at my apartment at 1213 on 3/15. A day earlier because it was shipped next day about 5 hours from my house. I'll have reviews up Monday evening though.

Chicago

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not jail broke yet.. That is what I'm pondering, jailbreak the 2 to watch HULU on the road and leave the 3 at home. While home I can watch HULU+ on the Wii. If the resolution is good while streaming I can travel with the 3 and stream HULU and Crackle to it. All this to watch TV, pretty sad, but when sitting alone in a Hotel it keeps me out of trouble.

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chicago said:
Not jail broke yet.. That is what I'm pondering, jailbreak the 2 to watch HULU on the road and leave the 3 at home. While home I can watch HULU+ on the Wii. If the resolution is good while streaming I can travel with the 3 and stream HULU and Crackle to it. All this to watch TV, pretty sad, but when sitting alone in a Hotel it keeps me out of trouble.

Totally understand. When I move, it would be awesome to bail on a potential cable bill.

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does not have crackle or Hulu, but I have those built in on my TV. My network is acting up so I haven't been able to do home sharing and AirPlay, so I haven't been able to experiment with its full capabilities.

Chicago

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats too bad..AirPlay is the best part, I'm glad to have bought one just for that feature. You'll be happy you got it, watching iTunes streaming is pretty nice on Friday nights.

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chicago said:
Thats too bad..AirPlay is the best part, I'm glad to have bought one just for that feature. You'll be happy you got it, watching iTunes streaming is pretty nice on Friday nights.

Can you tell me how to work the airplay? Is there an app or is it automatic?

Chicago

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the iphone double click the home button. Scroll all the way to the left (volume control) and you will see the icon, looks like a little tv with an arrow under it pointing up. Click it and it should give you the option to send to apple tv, computer...

The iPad is essentially the same there is just a little more on the bar.

Netflix has the option on their volume bar as does iTunes, pictures, video player etc. sorry I'm not very good at technical instruction but the will get you going.

AirPlay sends it to another device were mirroring copies it ( it's on both devices simultaneously) very good for doing presentations. Good luck.

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried mirroring from my iPad 2 to my friends element 32". It was fine. 720p on a 1080p 32" was a ill small but I think it will be fine on my 42". I'll be getting a new iPad anyway so it won't matter. Thanks again. No grains by the way.

Most reactions

Latest posts