What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Posting problems

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mimshacktee said:
Yeah have the same issue, can't seem to send replies to threads without quoting someone else or move the cursor to where I want. just assumed it was an os6 issue

Sent from my iPad3 on iOS 6

It also happens on devices that are still on iOS 5.1.1, so it's not an update issue.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another posting problem I ran into this morning involves editing a post. If you try to set the cursor over an incorrectly spelled word, for example, the cursor jumps to the beginning of the post and can't be moved, preventing proper editing.

SimoneLouise28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Another posting problem I ran into this morning involves editing a post. If you try to set the cursor over an incorrectly spelled word, for example, the cursor jumps to the beginning of the post and can't be moved, preventing proper editing.

Mine was also doing that last night after being turned off all night it appears to be working as normal today and gave the iPad a full charge :)

kyle_hernandez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Just a few minutes ago I noticed that I can't reply to posts in a thread unless I'm quoting a previous post. If I try to reply without quoting, the send button doesn't work. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Where is YouTube!!

kyle_hernandez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
YouTube is no longer a native app. It can be downloaded from the app store for free.

I can only get the iPhone app for it, Is there an ipad version still?

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:

Updated to 6 last night and now have the same problem as others in that I have to press the return button before I can hit send but I don't appear to have your problem scifan57, I can move my cursor to edit no problem.

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the same problem on my iPad 3. As you can see there is a 'return' on this post. The 'send' button is now visible. And I can post without quoting someone else.

Additional info, I tried this on my original iPad not upgraded and you have to press a return to get the send button activated.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts