What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible to transfer MP3 files into iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmcfp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work as a writer and record my phone interviews in MP3 format with a Zoom recorder that stores the files on a SD card. I then transfer those files to my Mac with a USB cable and e-mail them to a transcription service. I've read about the iPad camera connection kit but will I be able to transfer the MP3 files into the iPad for e-mailing or does it only recognize photo files? Thanks.

Ed

rlee131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work as a writer and record my phone interviews in MP3 format with a Zoom recorder that stores the files on a SD card. I then transfer those files to my Mac with a USB cable and e-mail them to a transcription service. I've read about the iPad camera connection kit but will I be able to transfer the MP3 files into the iPad for e-mailing or does it only recognize photo files? Thanks.

Ed
It is my understanding it does only photos, but I have one that is to be delivered today and will let you know for sure

OP
E

edmcfp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!

That would be great, thanks. That feature isn't a deal-killer for me but it would be handy to have.

Ed

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm supposed to get my AirStash by the end of the month. I'll let you know it it can be done using that. Assuming of course that I ever get my 3G. April 30th is taking longer to get here this year for some reason.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Files to go, an app in the app store, will do do this i'm pretty sure. I know even
If it can't open the file you can still email it.... $2.99 is a bargain for it as you can set up folders and put whatever files you want in them......

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dude...just download the app "Voice Memos". If you buy it...you have the ability to record in excerpts, save them & email them all from your iPad. It is played back in quicktime, but a simple file converter program will hook it up in mp3.

I do the same, as I'm working on a project that requires me to data capture in this way! Good Luck.

ohradiogirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to do something like this to only I have a short music bed for my podcast. I want to get the mp3 file from my laptop to the iPad and I don't feel like being bothered w/iTunes.

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

leonkersten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you get a solution for your problem? As I'm dealing with the same question. If so what is the solution? Regards Leon

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you get a solution for your problem? As I'm dealing with the same question. If so what is the solution? Regards Leon

You are posting to a thread that was last used a year ago (and that was started two years ago). The odds are pretty good that the original posters have moved on or won't see your question.

So, please, start a new thread for your issue. That way, the forum members here today can try to help. To aid them, please be as detailed as possible about your problem. It'll make it easier for the forum members to know about your issue and possibly help.

With all that said, I'm closing this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts