What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible to have virus on ipad?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I can assume that there really is no need for virus protection on an iPad, or any tablet for that matter.

Well I can't speak for any other tablets but the iPad because of the way Apple sandboxes each app, there is no need for virus protection.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So I can assume that there really is no need for virus protection on an iPad, or any tablet for that matter.

Hi DaStatMan - as already stated, for the stock iPad iOS, there is no need for virus protection - NOW, there are still malware issues that may be a concern, such as browser hijacking/re-direction or email links that could be malicious to you, so still be careful; another interesting issue concerns PC viruses/worms that may be attached to emails you receive - these will NOT affect your iPad @ all, however, if sent to someone on a PC, could they then become 'infected'? Just a thought although there seems to be little on the web that addresses this issue - hopefully, some of our more enlightened members may 'chime in' w/ their thoughts - Dave :)

Most reactions