What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible to change keyboard layout?

mlevin77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really annoyed at the choices of what keys are available on the keyboard - I need access to certain common keys without having to switch to the other keyboard. If I jailbreak, is this something that can be changed?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, if jail broken, you can go into Cydia, then press categories. Then scroll down to keyboards and it will list all sorts of different keyboard themes/layouts. Make sure to read the descriptions to make sure it's compatible with your iOS/iPad.

OP
M

mlevin77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, if jail broken, you can go into Cydia, then press categories. Then scroll down to keyboards and it will list all sorts of different keyboard themes/layouts. Make sure to read the descriptions to make sure it's compatible with your iOS/iPad.

thanks!! But I think I'm missing something. Is the only software available for a jailbroken iPad at

Cydia Store · Cydia

or am I in the wrong place? Is there a good step-by-step guide to jailbreaking with pointer to the software that becomes available?

thanks again,

Mike

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cydia is also called the jailbreak-AppStore.From there you can install tweaks, themes, keyboards, almost everything.These apps are not allowed in the AppStore, so you can't have them if you are not jailbroken.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You already have the answer to the question but here's a trick for those who don't know: if you've got 15 different keyboards you can quickly swap keyboards by tapping and holding the change keyboard button.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One good keyboard (IMNSHO) is the "5-Row Keyboard for iPad." It's a paid Cydi app ($2.99 USD) but you can set up the keyboard to either show the numbers on the top row or show symbols. I like to have the symbols, as I seem to use more dashes and parentheses than numbers. It works great on my iPad. Of course, YMMV.

And, as already mentioned, there are lots of keyboards available in Cydia. Just make sure they are iPad compatible, as Demandarin suggests.

Happy hunting!

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts