What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Podcasts

Boblins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to download podcasts from iTunes similar to downloading on your iPod. I assume it is exactly the same process, I choose the podcasts and then sync to the iPad? Can anyone confirm for me please.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or you can download them directly to your iPad....no need to download them to your PC first of all and then synchronise...

Tim

OP
B

Boblins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. You mean straight from the iTunes app on the iPad?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely! You'll probably need to use WiFi if they're larger than 20MB but, if you're on WiFi or they're smaller than 20 MB and you're on 3G, then you're good to go and can download them directly.

I'm always doing this when I'm away from home and my PC.

Tim

OP
B

Boblins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love this device. Thanks Tim. I find myself traveling quite a bit so I think I will be doing this now quite a bit.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only advantage to getting your podcasts from iTunes (on the computer) and syncing is that you can actually subscribe to podcasts on the computer. Each time you start iTunes it will look for new podcasts in you subscriptions and download them.

However, I will say that it's kind of spotty on this. If half a dozen podcasts have been added to your subscription since the last download, it may not get them all.

On the other hand, as long as you leave at least one podcast in the iPod app on the iPad (way too many pods an pads in that sentence), you can always tap the get more episodes button and be taken directly to that podcast in iTunes on the iPad.

Beats having to search for the podcast each time.

jamku

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am searching for a solution to subscribe to podcasts through ipad. i would love to get a push or something when a new episode for my favourite oodcast is released. its a shame the ipad itunes does not include such a option.

i bumped into an app named instacast hd, which describes itself as the best podcast downloader and player on the appstore. but since it costs 3,99€, i was hoping for some confirmation if this really does the job i'm looking for. i want to subscribe to a certain podcast(s) and receive notification when a new episode is out.

halp!

Most reactions

Latest posts