What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help with concerns regarding 6.1.2

liltennyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I just spent the last few hours trying to read up on how to upgrade my JB Ipad 2 wifi 5.0.1 to 6.1.2 and I am a little confused based on all the guides I read and they all seem to vary in methods. First question i would like to ask is: is it possible to keep all my JB'd apps when upgrading? I know that theres a program called PKGBackup to back up my cydia tweaks but was not sure about apps (is it possible to not use this app as I do not really care about my tweaks?). If I do not have to re-download all my apps (not talking about purchased ones) how do I JB my ipad using the easiest method? Please help

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can save your App Store apps data and settings by making a full backup in iTunes. Then, you can save the settings and such for your Cydia tweaks by using an app such as the PKGBackup tweak you mentioned.

Once you backup, upgrade and re-jail break, you can restore from the backups.

Marilyn

OP
L

liltennyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PKGBackup is not working, using 5.3.2 (which I think is the latest version), as it keeps crashing when I click "back up". Is there another alternative?

SikYou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PKGBackup is not working, using 5.3.2 (which I think is the latest version), as it keeps crashing when I click "back up". Is there another alternative?

I used openbackup and it worked just fine

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I can't duplicate your problem as my PKGBackup (version 5.3.2) works fine.

Have you set it up in your Settings app, first? It won't work (correctly or at all) if you don't "activate" it via Settings, first.

Marilyn

Most reactions