What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help! (a very urgent matter)

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So my big brother borrowed my iPad 4 for a couple of minutes,and now after he used it,the sounds in games/apps and the locking sound/camera flashing sound isn't working anymore,although the sounds for the music section is working.What could possibily be the problem is?
I already tried to reset the settings,but nothing happens.Please help!

Last edited:

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have you try use volume up when not in app mode because app sound and system sound are seperated :thumbs:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So my big brother borrowed my iPad 4 for a couple of minutes,and now after he used it,the sounds in games/apps and the locking sound/camera flashing sound isn't working anymore,although the sounds for the music section is working.What could possibily be the problem is?

Just to be clear. When you say "reset the settings" did you:
Hold the on/off button and the Home button simultaneously until the screen goes black and the white Apple logo appears. Keep holding with that logo ( and ignore any On slide that may or may not appear) may take a while, until the home screen appears and then the On slide appears. That will likely fix your problem.
Let us know if that worked, it can be helpful to others
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Maybe your brother accidentally muted the iPad? Check the button on the right side of the iPad (in portrait mode with the Home button at the bottom). There is a sliding toggle button there - slide it to the opposite side. Did that help?

If yes, yay! If not, please let us know and we'll try something else.

Marilyn

OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe your brother accidentally muted the iPad? Check the button on the right side of the iPad (in portrait mode with the Home button at the bottom). There is a sliding toggle button there - slide it to the opposite side. Did that help?

If yes, yay! If not, please let us know and we'll try something else.

Marilyn

Oh,he did that HAHA thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts