What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planetary

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so i have the app and it's not crashing but is not going past the loading screen. i have eleven gigs of music on my iPad. maybe I'm not waiting long enough? waited over ten minutes with no results. tried a reboot and no luck. ideas? tips?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved this to the Help section as I thought it might receive better attention there. I hope this was OK.

Tim
iPad Forum Moderator

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My only suggestion is to delete, reboot ipad, re-install...you won't be charged again since you already paid.

OP
naman919

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved this to the Help section as I thought it might receive better attention there. I hope this was OK.

Tim
iPad Forum Moderator

honestly if you could move it back, or to, the apps section i would appreciate it. the help section is pretty generic.

My only suggestion is to delete, reboot ipad, re-install...you won't be charged again since you already paid.

thanks for the suggestion. no luck after attempting your idea. I guess i'm just gonna have to forgo using the app. it was free, but i'm still bummed.

If anyone else has had a similar problem and found a solution, let me know. TIA!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
naman919 said:
If anyone else has had a similar problem and found a solution, let me know. TIA!

I have about maybe twelve gigs of music on my iPad now and Planetary works fine for me, so it's not likely an issue with the volume of your music.

The only other thing I think of is the operating system is designed to terminate an app if it is going to consume huge amounts of memory, or when memory is running low. If you have iOS 4.2 or later, you can double-click on the home button to bring up the multitasking bar, and see which other apps you have running, and remove them by holding each icon until it wiggles.

Better yet, you can get the XSysInfo app, which reports on device memory and also has two levels of memory cleansing, which will improve system resource efficiency.

OP
naman919

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the advice. i understand memory usage and have sbsettings with process killing available. i've tried to run planetary after a full reboot and killing any processes at startup, those able to be killed. i'm baffled at is point. running 4.3.3 untethered.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem with another program. It stayed that way for an hour (on WifI loading).
Finally what I did was activating the iStore program and asked it to update the current updates ( there were 7 of them).
And as soon as it started to perform the updates, the stubborn download cleared and finished - Every thing fine.
Why ?
Ask iOS.

OP
naman919

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can you clarify? the app is downloaded already. the issue is that when the app is opened, it stays on the loading screen and says it is analyzing my music.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In that case your application does work, but it seems crippled . For some reason it fails on it's 1st task which has to do with examining your music. Can't help you there.

OP
naman919

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i contacted the developer and he confirmed that jailbroken OS's aren't compatible. that is my issue. bummer.

BLACKPANTHER19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does work, I have been messing around with it.... :D
1st. Install WinSCP and allow SSH from your Ipad....
2nd Connect ipad to the same network you have installed WinSCP onto
3rd Connect to the Ipad using WinSCP, find the ip and connect using that. To find the Ip go to settings wifi and click the little arrow next to your wifi network.... (if you havnt got the setting to show you it in sbsettings
4th go to root by pressing the back folder button a few times.
5th go to /private/var/mobile/Applications
6th sort the files by order of when they were 'changed'
7th click the top option to ensure it is Plantary
8th go back and right click on the folder and click properties
9th make sure all the permission text boxes are ticked apart from 'Set UID, set GID and sticky Bit' if in doubt set the octal number to '0777'
10th click set group, owner and permissions recursively.
11th accept the changes, and go to the little console button at the top and type in 'sudo killall -HUP SpringBoard' - this restarts the springboard.

close all the apps you currently have running and try to load Plantary again, it worked for me... let me know if it helps.... :D

Last edited:

leisuiresuitgreg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does work, I have been messing around with it.... :D
1st. Install WinSCP and allow SSH from your Ipad....
2nd Connect ipad to the same network you have installed WinSCP onto
3rd Connect to the Ipad using WinSCP, find the ip and connect using that. To find the Ip go to settings wifi and click the little arrow next to your wifi network.... (if you havnt got the setting to show you it in sbsettings
4th go to root by pressing the back folder button a few times.
5th go to /private/var/mobile/Applications
6th sort the files by order of when they were 'changed'
7th click the top option to ensure it is Plantary
8th go back and right click on the folder and click properties
9th make sure all the permission text boxes are ticked apart from 'Set UID, set GID and sticky Bit' if in doubt set the octal number to '0777'
10th click set group, owner and permissions recursively.
11th accept the changes, and go to the little console button at the top and type in 'sudo killall -HUP SpringBoard' - this restarts the springboard.

close all the apps you currently have running and try to load Plantary again, it worked for me... let me know if it helps.... :D

That doesn't seem to work for me...

wolfeslad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had this problem, I just forced it to shut down (double tap on the home button then tap and hold), when I opened it again it worked fine

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

BLACKPANTHER19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have an update. So I went through Mobile Substrate Addons last night to find which ones were compatible with Planetary and which ones were not, and which ones worked combined. - So that we can use Planetary in Normal Mode, so we dont have to go into safe mode.

and well, I compiled a list for you.

Basically you need to install SBSettings. Once installed, bring down the menu, and go to 'more' you must then scroll down to 'System Wide Options' and then 'Mobile Substrate Addons'
In there you need to Disable the Following:

ActionMenu
Activator
AppList
IntelliStatusIconsVi...
TetherReach
WinterBoard ( :( )
manualcorrect
zRingtonesHook.

Some of those you wont have, those are some of the incompatible ones that are on my iPad. These are added when you add Apps through Cydia. I can 100% promise you it works on mine. It may not work first time on yours because you may have more Addons.
Ill help you out by providing you a list of Addons that do work.
If any of yours match mine, you know they work.

These do work:
AndroidLock
BugFix_Duplicatelc...
BugFix_StuckPages
CyDelete
Downloader
FileScheme
FullForce
Graviboard
Gridlock
IconSupport
Infinidock
InfiniFolders
Lockdownpro
Mailtoattachment
MemoryTap
MultiIconMover
PreferenceLoader
RemoveBG
SpringBoardAccess
TabPlus
TetherSB
Blued-dun-config
blued-springboard
blued-tethering-spr
gremlin
iap
libhid
libstatusbar
sandcastle
scclient
yourtube

I really hope this helps you guys... It works on my iPad now, and Im happy. If it doesnt work straight away, try and use my old fix of permission changing aswell to 0755 in WinSCP.
Let me know how you get on.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts