What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photogene problems?

raynesmama10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had photogene for awhile now and since I updated to the ICloud on my iPad when I try to upload my photos onto my Facebook they are pixaled real bad! Is anyone else having this problem? And does anyone know how you can fix it??

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Help area where you’re likely to get a better response to your question.

Welcome again and enjoy!

OP
R

raynesmama10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Idk how to get to the help page where u moved my question to

tndub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having this same problem with Photogene. I open the photo in Photogene and it's clear and beautiful but once I make changes and try and export to anywhere (Facebook, my camera roll OR E-mail) the image is completely pixelated.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having this same problem with Photogene. I open the photo in Photogene and it's clear and beautiful but once I make changes and try and export to anywhere (Facebook, my camera roll OR E-mail) the image is completely pixelated.
I'm not familiar with the Photogene App, but I just took a look at it on iTunes. It says it can export photos up to 8MP in size. I'm not sure what you're seeing with respect to the results of your exports being "pixelated" but that's usually either from enlarging files that are too small, or manipulating files to fit a pre-determined size.

In the first instance, if you're exporting a file that's the wrong size the receiving website may have problems with it. Do you know what resolution your pictures were taken in and can you increase or decrease that setting?

In the second instance does Photogene have any export settings that you can manipulate?

It might take some experimentation to get the right balance.

Not sure that that helps, but those are the two major things I can think of.

EDIT: I took a further look at the developer's website and found a tutorial where it does indicate that photos can be resized, etc. for uploading to social network sites, so I'd study that a bit and see what you can do to get things sorted out...

http://www.mobile-pond.com/MobilePond/photogene/ipad-tutorial-2/

Last edited:

Most reactions