What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo uploads

wtcoppersmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I take a photo with my iPad and then attempt to upload it to Facebook from "Camera Roll" it will not upload. But if I take the same photo with my iPhone and email it to myself and then upload to my iPad Camera Roll, then I can subsequently upload the photo to Facebook from Camera Roll with no problem. Why can't I upload to Facebook from Camera Roll a photo taken directly with the iPad camera?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is unusual that this is happening. I've just taken a photo myself on the iPad and have uploaded to FB successfully, so I really don't know how this can be happening. So what I recommend is the usual steps for when the iPad goes a little wonky, close your apps completely and do a restart and or reset. It may be the camera app playing up here for some reason. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press an app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly. Give it a try and see if it's now working, if not a restart/reset are the next steps. Let us know how you get on.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
W

wtcoppersmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I followed the instructions and shut off all Apps and then shut down and re-booted. In took two photos and then opened Facebook. I could not upload the second photo but I upload the first photo. Both were taken using the iPad...two seconds apart. .?.....If I do a reset won't that erase any downloaded Apps or other saved documents, contacts, webpages saved on screen?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wtcoppersmith said:
So I followed the instructions and shut off all Apps and then shut down and re-booted. In took two photos and then opened Facebook. I could not upload the second photo but I upload the first photo. Both were taken using the iPad...two seconds apart. .?.....If I do a reset won't that erase any downloaded Apps or other saved documents, contacts, webpages saved on screen?

So you were able to upload 1 photo but not the second one, that's interesting. The reset I want you to do will not erase anything so don't worry. Reset: Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Try this and then see if you can take a photo and upload.

OP
W

wtcoppersmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Followed instruction re: reset and then tried again with same upload attempt. Photo still would not upload to Facebook. Not critical....but irritating.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wtcoppersmith said:
Followed instruction re: reset and then tried again with same upload attempt. Photo still would not upload to Facebook. Not critical....but irritating.

Gees, I'm at a loss here, this should be a simple task to do. I'd be irritated here also. Sorry I have no other advice here except to delete the FB app and then redownload it. Try it anyway. Hopefully someone else has some ideas here.

Ipad3user

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have the same problem. I was able to upload before, but a while ago, everytime i try to upload in facebook, after clicking the camera roll, facebook immediately exits and i am directed to the home screen. i was wondering if you found a solution to this problem. I tried all these advices but didn't work.

Most reactions