What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo app?

duckytim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far, I don't like Photos. Is there a good app out there for importing and manipulating photos? I frequently import photos from 6 or 7 SD cards during a day of checking game cameras. Since it's the same day, they all go into one file. I'm looking for something better. Any suggestions?

If I'm not mistaken, you can only import pictures on the iPad through the photos app (you mentioned SD cards so I'm assuming you're referring to using the camera connection kit for importing). I agree the photos app sucks for organizing pictures, as it you cant do anything! From what I've heard, iOS5 will have the ability to organize pictures within the photos app. As far as editing pictures, I like Photogene as an app. It's cheap and has lots of features. Good luck with organizing your pictures, I'm definitely looking forward to the new iOS!

Hello Duckytim and welcome to the forum - :)

Indeed, the native photo apps for the iPad is limited - a little searching on other photo apps would be suggested - there is plenty of information already!

Plus, you may need to define your needs - first, are you using the 'Camera Connection Kit' to get your images into the iPad? If so, these files will just appear in your 'Camera Roll' w/ little ability to manipulate the images.

There are plenty of additional apps (most free or inexpensive) that can provide the features desired, so may help if you tell us 'what' you want?

I have several image apps on my iPad, but the one I use most often is Photogene (CHECK HERE) - this allows me to crop & resize images; if you need other options, then just let us know? Good luck in your choice(s)!

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back