What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pets who share your life ??

Pets who share your life ??

• Cats

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Dogs

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Birds

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Horses

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rabbits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fish

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Reptiles

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Mice/Guinea Pigs/Hamsters etc

• Farmyard animals

• Other

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
OP
leelai

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the left picture, Stewie is on the left and Bart is on the right. I named them after bad boy cartoon characters on two American TV series: Stewie is named after the baby genius in Family Guy and Bart is named after Bart Simpson of The Simpsons. You can't tell how much Stewie hated Bart when the latter first became a new family member. It took Stewie about a year to reconcile himself to having another feline in the house. Stewie's an amputee and wags his tail or flicks and rotates it depending on his emotional state. The vet was concerned he'd be disabled and have a lifelong problem with coordination and climbing, but when he was an outdoor country cat, he never saw a tree he couldn't both race up and down. Bart greets me when I come home with his favorite toy seen in the first picture. He dragged it onto this chair and sometimes sleeps with it: a piece of paper on a shoe string. He loves company and won Stewie over with patience and his loving personality.

What wonderful cats you have......love the names too and they just seem to fit them so well!

Stewie has some really lovely markings on him and Bart just looks like a very laid back cat and I just love his toy, how cute is that! ;)

May I ask what happened to Stewie's tail?.....my mother's neighbours cat has a tail just like it, just a smidge longer, he was going through a doorway when the door slammed and cut it off, the poor thing was there by himself until mum's neighbour came home and found him still stuck there....he gets around just fine now though!

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What wonderful cats you have......love the names too and they just seem to fit them so well! Stewie has some really lovely markings on him and Bart just looks like a very laid back cat and I just love his toy, how cute is that! ;) May I ask what happened to Stewie's tail?.....my mother's neighbours cat has a tail just like it, just a smidge longer, he was going through a doorway when the door slammed and cut it off, the poor thing was there by himself until mum's neighbour came home and found him still stuck there....he gets around just fine now though!

Wow! I'm happy hear that he has fully recovered.

When I found Stewie, his tail was already broken and filled with maggots (or creatures like them). He was meowing in complete distress and he was running out of a storage room in my apartment building's basement where one of the maintenance workers had left him over the weekend. I asked if I could have him and the worker's foreman said I could.

Stewie did miss his tail initially. It was long and black. Since he can't wrap it around my leg, he leans in and presses his tail against my leg instead.

He was about five months old when I found him, and he's about 8 years old or so now.

OP
leelai

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! I'm happy hear that he has fully recovered. When I found Stewie, his tail was already broken and filled with maggots (or creatures like them). He was meowing in complete distress and he was running out of a storage room in my apartment building's basement where one of the maintenance workers had left him over the weekend. I asked if I could have him and the worker's foreman said I could. Stewie did miss his tail initially. It was long and black. Since he can't wrap it around my leg, he leans in and presses his tail against my leg instead. He was about five months old when I found him, and he's about 8 years old or so now.

Poor Stewie......that must have been just awful for him.....and awful as it sounds to have maggots on the wound, they would have kept it clean from infection.

That's so cute that he leans in to you to press his tail......it's amazing how they can adapt!

I'm so glad you rescued him....he's a very lucky boy!! ;)

the damps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two male Yellow Labradors, Baeiley and Angus, both rescued (one from our local Humane Society, the other from Seattle Pure-bred Rescue). They're both 10 years old.

We've had Lab companions since shortly after we were married in 1964, except when we were living in "no pets allowed" rentals. The present two are # 6 and #7. #5 was a chocolate female - all the others have been yellow males except our first one, a yellow female. She lived to be 13, but stayed with our UK family when we emigrated to the US in 1968.

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Two male Yellow Labradors, Baeiley and Angus, both rescued (one from our local Humane Society, the other from Seattle Pure-bred Rescue). They're both 10 years old.

We've had Lab companions since shortly after we were married in 1964, except when we were living in "no pets allowed" rentals. The present two are # 6 and #7. #5 was a chocolate female - all the others have been yellow males except our first one, a yellow female. She lived to be 13, but stayed with our UK family when we emigrated to the US in 1968.

They are fabulous dogs, the Labradors. And a credit to you for rescuing them like that and giving them a caring home to live out the years still remaining to them. They are companions indeed, loyal and intelligent.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you sometimes wonder about animal vets? And I don't mean their fees;) Our Maltese cross Bundy had developed a small infection from a cut on his paw and was prescribed a cream and a ridiculously large plastic cone around his neck to stop licking the itching wound, to be kept on for at least six days. Just impossible...he couldn't even walk, sleep, eat or lie down.
We improvised. Bought a set of the smallest cotton baby socks from Coles supermarket (we hadn't entirely forgotten about that:)), and with two small safety pins fitted Bundy with a "floppy sock" (when my wife and I could stop hysterically laughing)
tebajapa.jpg

pugeva9a.jpg

That did the trick. After four days the small infection is almost healed and Bundy celebrated by chewing his dried pig's trotter, from the supermarket pets' section.
uba4ebap.jpg

Andrew

OP
leelai

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you sometimes wonder about animal vets? And I don't mean their fees;) Our Maltese cross Bundy had developed a small infection from a cut on his paw and was prescribed a cream and a ridiculously large plastic cone around his neck to stop licking the itching wound, to be kept on for at least six days. Just impossible...he couldn't even walk, sleep, eat or lie down. We improvised. Bought a set of the smallest cotton baby socks from Coles supermarket (we hadn't entirely forgotten about that:)), and with two small safety pins fitted Bundy with a "floppy sock" (when my wife and I could stop hysterically laughing) That did the trick. After four days the small infection is almost healed and Bundy celebrated by chewing his dried pig's trotter, from the supermarket pets' section. Andrew Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

Oh poor Bundy....but I'm chuckling first about the thought of him with that large cone around his head....just so silly for a small dog! Good idea in theory but really.......

But what a cute sock he has.....must have been so funny getting that on! so glad it worked though!

He's such a gorgeous cute dog!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you sometimes wonder about animal vets? And I don't mean their fees;) Our Maltese cross Bundy had developed a small infection from a cut on his paw and was prescribed a cream and a ridiculously large plastic cone around his neck to stop licking the itching wound, to be kept on for at least six days. Just impossible...he couldn't even walk, sleep, eat or lie down. We improvised. Bought a set of the smallest cotton baby socks from Coles supermarket (we hadn't entirely forgotten about that:)), and with two small safety pins fitted Bundy with a "floppy sock" (when my wife and I could stop hysterically laughing) That did the trick. After four days the small infection is almost healed and Bundy celebrated by chewing his dried pig's trotter, from the supermarket pets' section. Andrew Sent from Oz using Tapatalk
Great story Andrew!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great story Andrew!

Thanks. I forgot to show that contraption he was expected to wear for 4-6 days so he wouldn't lick his paw and impede healing.
u8epu6yj.jpg

6ytanede.jpg

The other thing to roll eyes about was the very tiny tube of antiseptic cream prescribed, $30;), to rub into his paw. If the pharmaceutical co. had made that say have a very bitter taste, the poor dog would not need that sputnik space helmet provided to stop him licking it off. Makes you wonder sometimes lol.
Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I forgot to show that contraption he was expected to wear for 4-6 days so he wouldn't lick his paw and impede healing. The other thing to roll eyes about was the very tiny tube of antiseptic cream prescribed, $30;), to rub into his paw. If the pharmaceutical co. had made that say have a very bitter taste, the poor dog would not need that sputnik space helmet provided to stop him licking it off. Makes you wonder sometimes lol. Andrew Sent from Oz using Tapatalk
Wow, that cone is half the size of your dog. I can see why you got rid of it so quickly.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
https://app.box.com/s/j56oobov880bqkfwovx0

My little iPad genius. Thank goodness I have two of them. Funny, I would never let a human child play with it as they could potentially do more damage lol.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score

So sweet!!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
https://app.box.com/s/j56oobov880bqkfwovx0

My little iPad genius. Thank goodness I have two of them. Funny, I would never let a human child play with it as they could potentially do more damage lol.

Just loved that! I'm sure I saw him do a four-"finger" swipe upward to delete some apps.:)
Andrew

OP
leelai

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
https://app.box.com/s/j56oobov880bqkfwovx0 My little iPad genius. Thank goodness I have two of them. Funny, I would never let a human child play with it as they could potentially do more damage lol. Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Lol....he is a little genius!!

How cute he is.......I'd love to know what they're thinking!

although I could only watch about half of it.....my internet just wasn't loading very well today! :(

@Andrew.....I wonder if we will see Bundy doing the same soon! .......nudge nudge, wink wink! ;)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
?.....

@Andrew.....I wonder if we will see Bundy doing the same soon! .......nudge nudge, wink wink! ;)

Not sure about that yet. He's beginning to understand my Hoomann talk at last. At present we are still finalising what he is interpreting as "plonk butt on ground" when I say "sit". We're polishing up that move to get it right before crossing a street.
We'll move over to the iPad just before I'm ready to upgrade to a new iPad:)
Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts