What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

crubin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keyboard function questions

I have the Zagg/Logitech Ipad 2 case, and I love it. However, some functions do not seem to operate. When I am remotely controlling a Windows computer (via Logmein), shift-tab does not operate to do the back tab function, and none of the ctrl or alt key combinations seem to do anything.

Any suggestions?

Also, is there an Insert key function?

ZAGG02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties using the function keys on your ZAGGmate with the Logmein program.

The issues you explained in your post are unfortunately issues with Logmein and the iPad connection. If you attempted to connect the ZAGGmate to your computer these functions will work. Also, the ZAGGmate does not have an insert function key as the iPad will not recognize this.

I hope that this helps.

All the best,

Sharlee

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great info...
I found this group sale for a Bluetooth keyboard, I placed a purchase but in order for the sale to be activated 3 more need to buy, so perhaps some of you would be interested
Edit by Moderator in quoted post - advertising by OP

Don't you think you'd get a better response on a board devoted to "Galaxy, Xoom, HTC Flyer, or Acer tablets"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zevilone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zagg customer service was awesome, told them about my foam issue and they sent me a new one. The new one though is a redesign or something and i LOVE IT! the keys are no longer bunched together but have space in between them, the little plastic folding thing that holds the ipad 2 up is gone, and the ipad 2 has more foam risers to secure it and protect it. Seems awfully fast for a redesign, but I think it is even better now.

wannaride

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After 8 trouble free months my iPad 1 ZaggMate has a problem I cannot resolve.
Note that this problem has arisen after a recent upgrade to software version 4.3.3. Problem is that some keys are not properly assigned, when you hit the letter I you get the number 5. That is one of several examples. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Thanks

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zagg customer service was awesome, told them about my foam issue and they sent me a new one. The new one though is a redesign or something and i LOVE IT! the keys are no longer bunched together but have space in between them, the little plastic folding thing that holds the ipad 2 up is gone, and the ipad 2 has more foam risers to secure it and protect it. Seems awfully fast for a redesign, but I think it is even better now.

Think they might have sent you the new Zagg "Folio" rather than the original ZaggMate (now from Logitech)?

Zevilone

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Think they might have sent you the new Zagg "Folio" rather than the original ZaggMate (now from Logitech)?

nope the folio has a back to it, this is still the logitech keyboard case by zagg for ipad 2 as is clear on the box.....different model numbers though old one was ZMAP9701KB the new one is: Y-R0023

i will take a pic of them side by side tomorrow --- looking at the pics at their website now though, it looks like they are using the same keyboard for the folio and the zagg case, yet charging the same price? WTF lol

go check out their website and see that the keyboards are exactly the same now......

Bigmopotz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg Customer Service

I told Zagg that my foam was coming away and they also sent me a replacement and like you it is an improved version. Their customer service did tell me that they had improved the adhesive around the edge so I was expecting the same Logitech Keyboard but with the foam lining held securely in place. The updatd version is very nice and more robust and demonstrates yet again that Zagg have taken positive comments on board and improved the product by a redesign. I love mine and have heralded many times on this forum and Zagg direct that they have an unprecedented reputation when it comes to customer focus.

Merk13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the note that my Zagg Folio shipped today so I should see it next week. I am having a tough time without my ZaggMate but it seems happy in its new home :)

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got my Zagg Folio yesterday - preceded by the warning from the Zagg folks that the clasp wouldn't work properly. I suspect this has been covered, but the Folio is a bit heavier than the standard aluminum case, but provides protection front and back.

The keyboard is no longer surrounded by a lip so it it no longer feels as if I am typing into a well. The keyboards appear to be the same size front-to-back and side-to-side, but the ergonomics make a difference to me.

The iPad slips into a housing. It then rests (horizontally) on the lip which was redesigned for the ZaggMate 2.1 (there is no plastic flap to rest against. Because it is in a housing it seems much more stable - even though I thought the ZaggMate was fine.

A major problem for my old fingers with the ZaggMates for iPads 1 and 2 was I needed a skin for the back of the iPad to minimize the risk of the bare aluminum slipping out of my hands. This case solves that and, when the clasp issue is fixed, I think it will be the best of the three case/keyboard combinations from Zagg that I've owned.

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you all like the improvements. We listen to all your suggestions and do all we can to implement them. Thanks for your kind words.

meleyre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my BT Zaggmate arrows don't work

I'm trying to get a safari webpage to page down, and I get no response when I press "command" and any arrow (or when I press fn, option, or control and the arrow key). How do I get the page down function to work with a webpage in safari?

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm trying to get a safari webpage to page down, and I get no response when I press "command" and any arrow (or when I press fn, option, or control and the arrow key). How do I get the page down function to work with a webpage in safari?

I believe that's been discussed before. The arrow keys don't work in Safari. They do in Pages, mail, etc. etc. Not a bug in your Zagg - as I understand it, it's an Apple "feature."

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
meleyre said:

The arrow keys on an external keyboard for an iPad are used for navigation within an input field - not for page navigation. Not something that Zagg can do anything about - it's strictly an OS issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts