What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF printer

emoreira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've been searching for an application to print documents, web pages to a PDF file and store that PDF file in my dropbox directory, skydrive or Google Drive or being able to open it with Acrobat.
I tried several apps, but no one seems to do what I need.
If any one knows of an app that does what I need, please, recommend. If it's free, even better.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can install Printopia or FingerPrint on a computer on the same wi-fi network as the iPad.

The main purpose of these apps is to make non-AirPrint printers available to any app that uses iOS's AirPrint options.; but they can also be configured to print to folders on the computer. If you install your DropBox, GoogleDrive, or other cloud service on the computer, you can use Printopia or FingerPrint to print directly to the folders that automatically sync back to the cloud service. DropBox, Box, and Google Drive all have computer-side clients that do this. I'm not sure about other cloud services.

Pictures will usually become jpg or png files; but text or mixed documents will be saved as PDF files.

I use this trick to print email receipts to a local folder on the computer. I've also got a DropBox folder set up so I can quickly print to a PDF and share the file.

It should work with any cloud service that syncs a local folder to the cloud.

Most reactions

Latest posts