What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF HELP, Im Going MAD

ML94

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm new to the forums so its going to take me a while to get used to things on here.

My question is as follows :

I have A LOT of Pdf's which are stored on my iPad 2 using the app iBooks. Now these Pdf's are music books and charts and what not, so their really vital for me. Now how on earth can I get them off my iPad and get them onto my desktop ? It took me 'AGES' searching for these books and what not so I don't really want to endure that process again. I want to refresh it and hopefully update the iPad after the JB is out for ios 6, as I'm all sure some of you are waiting for.

So are there any solutions for this ? Just to let you know I did NOT put them in the Itunes library before syncing them. It was a straight drag n drop into iPad.

Cheers
ML

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look at this screenshot. It might be laborious, if you have a lot of them, but it should work.

image-1317003073.jpg

OP
M

ML94

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very comical in your approach to answer ! I know that is one way but when you have over 500 PDFs , sooner or later my mind will become numb. Something fast and wholesome is what I'm looking for. Anyone have any thoughts ?

ML

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ML94 said:
Very comical in your approach to answer ! I know that is one way but when you have over 500 PDFs , sooner or later my mind will become numb. Something fast and wholesome is what I'm looking for. Anyone have any thoughts ?

ML

We just love Skitch on this forum. Yikes! 500. Email is out then. Thinking...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, the iOS 6 jailbreak is going to be a while. If you mailed 10 books to yourself a day there is a good chance you'll be ready.

On the other hand, are you already jailbroken with iOS 5? It was my understanding that there was an iFiles app that you can use to access the file system directly. Might take some digging around, but the files are there somewhere.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you jailbroken? If so, then you can get the free computer program (for your desktop/laptop) iFunbox. With it, you can access the iPad's file system completely, which means you can dig into the iBooks app and get at those PDFs to transfer them to your computer.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts