What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF-files disappears from iBook

Bjornsson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All my 15 PDF-files in my iBook suddenly disappeared. Can I retreive them ? Why did this happen ? How can I protect myself from the same thing happening again ? Is there anyone who can help my with these questions ?

OP
B

Bjornsson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your follow-up Tim.
Yes, I have synchronized a few movies to the video app, but nothing to the iBook app.
It was when I started the iBook app that the pdf files were rapidly flashing on the screen and then the book shelves were empty.
Rgds, Roland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, but when you perform a sync operation you need to make sure that you don't have the option to sync other items too. This happened to me...the sync makes the iPad and PC the 'same' with preference being given to the PC. So, if those books weren't on your PC, they'll be removed from your iPad.

However, I'm not an iTunes person, so I now never connect my PC and iPad and sync - so maybe wait for some more knowledgeable Members...

Tim

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In i books, collections, be sure they aren't in .PDF or Books whichever one you "don't want".

My Wife did something or other and all here books changed to .PDF and she couldn't see any of them until she tapped "books"...Ken

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In i books, collections, be sure they aren't in .PDF or Books whichever one you "don't want".

My Wife did something or other and all here books changed to .PDF and she couldn't see any of them until she tapped "books"...Ken

Thanks - a great suggestion!!

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts