What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF app to annotate/hide all annotations

mcshade311

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for an iPad app to allow me to annotate PDFs, basically just highlight a section of text, and then to be able to quickly hide all annotations.

What i'm doing is reading PDFs with multiple choice questions at the end, I wanted to highlight the correct answers and then toogle the highlighting on/off while i'm studying.

I have Goodreader but haven't figured out how to do this. I'm open to buying a new app as I frequently study these PDFs for work.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't find a way to do it in GoodReader either, nor PDF Expert. Those are the only two I have handy for testing.

howsyourclyde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have GoodReader as well and it doesn't have that option. However, I also have Type On PDF Pro that gives you an alternative. You can download the PDF into the program and then, on the file section make a duplicate and then your annotations. The draw back is that you now have two docs, one plain and one annotated. But, it does preserve the original. In fact, you can make several dups and annotate any way you wish and lock the original so it won't be changed. There is a free Type on PDF but I don't believe it has all of the perks you need.

OP
M

mcshade311

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, i've been using the duplicate method within Goodreader and it gets the job done, but just not the most elegant solution.

teach4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using notebinder , not sure it van do what you need but it is a great note taker

crashnburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am surprised none of the Annotation guys have come up with this kind of feature? Maybe the store the annotation information all into the PDFs ?

Most reactions

Latest posts