What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paypal

luapwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please can someone tell me why I can't use paypal from my iPad but I can from my pc,how do I get it to work please

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I dont have any problem... it's always worked for me just fine. Pls can you be more specific about what goes wrong when you try... This will help us to help you.

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Paypal all the time on my iPad also with no problem.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

OP
L

luapwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A sign comes up in the middle of the page saying. "cannot open page,safari cannot open page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server".
Any ideas please anyone

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jenningsville said:
I dont have any problem... it's always worked for me just fine. Pls can you be more specific about what goes wrong when you try... This will help us to help you.

Mine too!!! Just used it a few days ago. Are you using an app for PayPal ??

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2using iPF

OP
L

luapwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well when I go to buy it now on eBay it just does as I said previously,what am I doing wrong

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have not purchased anything on one for awhile ... Sorry I cannot help right now.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm. It sure I just used it today on my iPad with no issues. I didn't use the mobile site though maybe, try using the desk top site?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Mine too!!! Just used it a few days ago. Are you using an app for PayPal ??

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2using iPF

The PayPal app was designed for the iPhone, I didn't see one for iPad ...

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@LUAPWHO: I just Googled with "ios paypal" and the error message you're getting... the only possibly useful hit I found was in the Apple Support Communities forum... there's a thread with the subject "IOS5 Issue - Safari cannot open page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server". An explanation/solution posted in the thread is... "It appears that iOS5 increased its security protocols and, therefore, will not allow access to sites where there is a "redirect" to the secure site or where the SSL is not "perfect." I contacted the site that i was trying to access and they removed the redirect, tested the access and it worked. Bottom line, bad SSL certificates and redirects to secure sites won't work with iOS5."

This is over my head in terms of technospeak, so I dont know how right or useful this is.

Alternatively, a lower tech workaround that might work is to install the Paypal app from App Store (its an iPhone app, but works fine on iPad too).

Or, just try resetting the device to factory settings!

Hope this helps.

OP
L

luapwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mate I really appreciate your help Ann
D I am gonna download the paypal app now,let you know how I get on,thanks again because I am useless

OP
L

luapwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried the paypal app and still no luck,what can it be please someone

OP
L

luapwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's annoying as I can't pay for things on paypal and it just has to be something simple as some of you are not having these problems,please I know there's another bill bates out there who can help me solve this.???

Most reactions

Latest posts