What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password protect folders or apps

idannyweed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 4 and I want to be able to password protect folders with apps in them or password protect apps

I've seen it being done on you tube but their all jailbreak tweaks, I don't want to jailbreak my ipad but willing to pay for an app that protects my ipad.

Hope you guys can help, im sure their must be an app that password protects apps or folders, ive installed quiet a few but not what I'm looking for, they only protect videos photos n documents.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

There is nothing like this available for a stock iPad apart from the many apps where you can password protect photos and files.

I've moved your thread to our Help Section where you will receive a better response.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's as you probably suspected - the ONLY way to protect any/all apps and folders with a password is to jail break your iPad and then use one of the various tweaks.

No jail break equals no password protection. Yeah, you can protect certain apps with an app from the AppStore (mostly photo apps), but nothing across the board exists for a stock iPad. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
I

idannyweed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys for the replies, that's so bad on apple not providing that function standard :(

Most reactions

Latest posts