What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password manager

mlts0807

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any suggestions on a password manager that can be put on my computer, ipad, iphone and have them all sync? I thought about last pass but the ipad browser isn't very good.

ipad 7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1password

I find that the 1Password App is the one to purchase. It is a little pricey but it is easy to use and is capable of securely storing things other than just passwords.

Cheers

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1password pro is brilliant, would be lost without it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Countrychirper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad 7 said:
I find that the 1Password App is the one to purchase. It is a little pricey but it is easy to use and is capable of securely storing things other than just passwords.

Cheers

I have this on my touch and iPhone but it won't sync any of the data from them on my ipad2. All I get is a new app! Do you know how I can get the dat?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You need the computer version and a DropBox account to sync wirelessly. Then go to 1Password's site and see how to set it up.

Buying the computer version is why it's the one of the more expensive options available. But if you look over the cool extras you'll get on the computer, you may decide it's worth the price. I did.

But, you seem to be saying the iPhone and iPad touch are syncing? If so, check your settings on them and duplicate on the iPad.

wahoowad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iKeepass is free and works for me. Keepass is the PC version. I use Dropbox to sync

Countrychirper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You need the computer version and a DropBox account to sync wirelessly. Then go to 1Password's site and see how to set it up.

Buying the computer version is why it's the one of the more expensive options available. But if you look over the cool extras you'll get on the computer, you may decide it's worth the price. I did.

But, you seem to be saying the iPhone and iPad touch are syncing? If so, check your settings on them and duplicate on the iPad.

Ok thanks I'll get it.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just wanted to join this thread - early last year I acquired an iPod (to replace my older Palm device - gift from my son) - wanted a 'Password' program and went w/ SplashID - Secure password management for iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Windows & Mac OS - bought the program for my iPod and also put the desktop option on my laptop (more costly) - seems to work fine for me - :)

Now own an iPad2 - will need to visit their website to see if I can add the program to the new device w/o an additional fee? Now I own several similar programs, i.e. on the iPod & laptop versions - my question is whether the general rule for these offerings is to use the program on multiple devices w/o an additional cost or whether one needs to pay extra? Of course, I'll check the individual websites. Thanks for any comments - :D

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to the App Store and search for the app. If you find that the one you own had a plus sign in the price tag, then it's a universal app and will work fine on the iPad without buying another.

Even if it does not, you can probably use it on the iPad, but it will be either small in the center of the screen, or you can tap x2 to double the size, but not the resolution.

If there is an iPad specific version, it will show up in your search as well. Just read the descriptions.

OP
M

mlts0807

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does 1password work with Safari or icab? It looks like you have to use their browser which isn't very functional.

Reaction score
mlts0807 said:
Does 1password work with Safari or icab? It looks like you have to use their browser which isn't very functional.

No password manager for the ipad will work with Safari. This is a restriction from iOS, that apps can't directly integrate into other apps, so any password manager will include their own browser, or you can copy /paste the password, but that is not very convinient, either.

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try iDo Notepad. It is free. It is a note editor app but it has password lock facility! So you can keep your info private within it. It has search function as well so you can find out info easily.

Cschueren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nickso said:
Search around, there are multiple posts like this with detailed info.

I myself use 1Password on my iPad, iPhone, work laptop and home PCs and sync them all up with Dropbox.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

That is the same way I use mine. Works like a champ.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts