What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PanGu 7.1.X Jailbreak Discussion

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I have one further question:

Will the Pangu Jailbreak work with IOS 7.1.2, which is set to be released soon. If It will, then I will wait to upgrade.

It will, but it will have to be updated to support 7.1.2 (all you really need is to add the build number to the list of supported iOS/device combinations). 7.1.2 has been seeded to carriers already earlier this week, so there won't be any revisions for 7.1.2 to patch the exploits/vulnerabilities used. So 7.1.2 will most likely be supported by an updated version of PanGu, 7.1.3 will probably not.

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pangu v1.1.0 has been released. The link has been updated in the first post. Boot loops have been fixed, the utility now reflects the language of your computer, and has the piracy app removed based on your computer's locality.

Last edited:
OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope. Not yet. The next update of the utility will support 7.1.2. I'll add the link in the initial post once it becomes available.

EDIT: Apparently there are no build restrictions for Pangu (did not notice it when I ripped the utility apart), so Pangu v1.1.0 will work on iOS 7.1.2. I'm not currently/planning to update to 7.1.2, but I'll try it when I have access to a device that needs an upgrade.

Last edited:

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know. I'm still running on JB 7.0 Something about this Jailbreak doesn't sit with me well. Of course, I'm a bit neurotic though :p

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got all excited about the new Jailbreak, but just realized that I very happy running 7.0.4. I know too many people who upgraded to 7.1.1 (The N.Y, Times enjoyed panicking people into upgrading for security concerns.) and regretted the decision due to slowness and frequent crashes. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think I am missing any great features, running on 7.0.4.

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got all excited about the new Jailbreak, but just realized that I very happy running 7.0.4. I know too many people who upgraded to 7.1.1 (The N.Y, Times enjoyed panicking people into upgrading for security concerns.) and regretted the decision due to slowness and frequent crashes. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think I am missing any great features, running on 7.0.4.

Honestly, if you're on Evasi0n7, stay there. Just install the AttachmentEncryptor package as well as the SSL fix if you're not on 7.0.6. The stock differences between 7.1 and 7.0.6 are made into packages that you can install (courtesy of the Reddit Jailbreak community) in some cases, but other than that, I'd rather stay with Evasi0n7 because packages are working perfectly on Evasi0n7 but are still being pressed on Pangu devices

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...[snip]...I'd rather stay with Evasi0n7 because packages are working perfectly on Evasi0n7 but are still being pressed on Pangu devices

This right here. I'm still on iOS 7.0.6 for this very reason. It's awesome that there is a jail break for iOS 7.1.1 and now 7,1.2 but most of j]my tweaks won't work on those iOS versions.

So, I'm staying at iOS 7.0.6 until they are all updated ... or until a jail break for iOS 8.x comes out, whichever comes first. :)

Marilyn

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Honestly, if you're on Evasi0n7, stay there. Just install the AttachmentEncryptor package as well as the SSL fix if you're not on 7.0.6. The stock differences between 7.1 and 7.0.6 are made into packages that you can install (courtesy of the Reddit Jailbreak community) in some cases, but other than that, I'd rather stay with Evasi0n7 because packages are working perfectly on Evasi0n7 but are still being pressed on Pangu devices

Hmm. Did not realize that tweaks were JB dependent, and not just iOS dependent. Guess I'll stay on 7.06, then.

So in terms of "system upgrades", what do I need to get in order to be as close as possible to 7.12? Is there a general search term that I should use on Cydia?

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AttachmentEncryptor is the only one really. That's the major fix that came with 7.1.2. The lockscreen bypass as well, but that's only if they know how to exploit it and if you have a missed call. Someone may host a package for that fix but I'm not aware of one at the moment.

The packages aren't jailbreak dependent per se, just that since Evasi0n7 has been out for quite some time now, so packages have been updated to revolve around the changes. Some aspects that were available on 7.0.6 and below has been patched on 7.1, so some packages that were perfectly working before will break.

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

LaLaChaCha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I download is still a program with gibberish window. I cannot read most of the words on the interface. Do you get the correct one?

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pangu v1.0.0 is strictly simplified chinese. Pangu v1.1.0 will display the localized language on your computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts