What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages on iPad2 frozen on Document Details page.

Ains

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I typed a document in Pages and when I now try to open it the Document Details page comes up. Change made to your document. Font Calibri is missing. I tried to OPEN the page but it is frozen. I typed the document on this iPad.

golddust34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you ever done a complete reset of your iOS operating system. My iPad 2 was having some minor issues - like the now and then freeze up, or certain apps crashing. Once I did a total reset, everything is working fine. iPads don' get general maintenance like our computers do (disk cleanup, defrag and all that); and the total reset is the only way you can accomplish a similar cleanup.

OP
A

Ains

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I do a total reset?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do I do a total reset?

Try closing the app completely first and see if that fixes the issue....if not then a reset is a good next step.

When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. If you have updated to IOS7 - just swipe up on the image above the app icon to close it. If on an earlier OS - Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen.

Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Try them and let us know how you go.

OP
A

Ains

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank You I finally got things working again. Really appreciate your assistance!

Gilly72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try closing the app completely first and see if that fixes the issue....if not then a reset is a good next step.

When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. If you have updated to IOS7 - just swipe up on the image above the app icon to close it. If on an earlier OS - Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen.

Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Try them and let us know how you go.

Awesome! I was able to get rid of previous views (which I had heaps of) and hopefully that will sort out the flickering issue. Thanks heaps.
Awesome - I was able

Most reactions