What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages not syncing to iCloud

jlw34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
I wonder if anyone can help. Documents produced in pages or numbers won't save to the cloud or other devices from iPad but they do from iPhone. Tried deleting iCloud account and reinstalling but still no joy. Any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you have it turned on in both places.

Settings > iCloud > Documents and Data

and

Settings > Pages; Use iCloud.

If so, try turning both off, then back on in the order listed. You may end up with some duplicates.

You'll want a good internet connection for the first sync.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Let us know if Twerppoet's great advice has helped you here.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have it turned on in both places.

Settings > iCloud > Documents and Data

and

Settings > Pages; Use iCloud.

If so, try turning both off, then back on in the order listed. You may end up with some duplicates.

You'll want a good internet connection for the first sync.

OK, I originally had a Pages Doc I was editing in Pages on my iMac running Mountain Lion and I saw it and edited it on the iPad. However, the changes did not show up on the Mac. I deleted the Doc on the Mac and emailed to the Mac and continued editing it, but I can't see the Doc on the iPad. I'm running all the latest versions of the apps and OS on all devices. I tried the above, but already was using these settings.

Any help appreciated.

[Edit] OK, when I went to iCloud via the Web and tried to open iWork, I keep getting a popup, "Cannot open iWork" and my options are Report to Apple, OK or Try Again. I guess something's messed up in iCloud.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
[Edit] OK, when I went to iCloud via the Web and tried to open iWork, I keep getting a popup, "Cannot open iWork" and my options are Report to Apple, OK or Try Again. I guess something's messed up in iCloud.

Haven't seen that before, though I've seen individual files mess up. That was before Mountain Lion. So far, I've had no problems with the new OS, but it's been mere days.

I assume you're going to talk to Apple as suggested. Please let us know how it turns out.

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't seen that before, though I've seen individual files mess up. That was before Mountain Lion. So far, I've had no problems with the new OS, but it's been mere days.

I assume you're going to talk to Apple as suggested. Please let us know how it turns out.

I clicked on the link "Report to Apple" and quit for the night. This morning, I could open iWork on the iCloud Website, but the Doc in question was not there even though it was on my iMac and the save was to the Cloud. I just got home and did the ol' CMD-A, CMD-C and pasted into a new test Doc and saved to iCloud and it appears on both the iPhone and iPad, some something must be @#$%^& with the old file. We'll see how it goes.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back. Don't forget to do your backups. iCloud exists as a folder on your iMac too, so those Time Machine backups could be a life saver.

Most reactions

Latest posts