What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opera Mini - Fast Web Browser Now for iPad

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The free Opera Mini web browser has worked quite well on my iPhone. It's very speedy and its compression abilities (to save on 3G data use) outstanding. The app was just updated to universal and now runs on the iPad.

I've been using it for a while this morning and it is impressive!

Opera Mini & Opera Mobile browsers

Between that and the Atomic Web Browser (which is a bit more robust although not as fast as Opera) my iPad web browsing experience is pretty satisfying (and don't even think about mentioning the "F" word here! ;) )

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
richsadams said:
The free Opera Mini web browser has worked quite well on my iPhone. It's very speedy and its compression abilities (to save on 3G data use) outstanding. The app was just updated to universal and now runs on the iPad.

I've been using it for a while this morning and it is impressive!

Opera Mini & Opera Mobile browsers

Between that and the Atomic Web Browser (which is a bit more robust although not as fast as Opera) my iPad web browsing experience is pretty satisfying (and don't even think about mentioning the "F" word here! ;) )

Though I've always found Opera Mobile to be quirky and quite limited, it has always been fast. That extra speed makes it quite useful at times and I keep it around simply because of that alone. So far, I like the iPad version as well and suspect that it will remain on my iPad for a while. Thanks for the heads up.

Besides Atomic, I'm pretty sure that you have tried iCabMobile as well...

Last edited:
OP
R

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:

Besides Atomic, I'm pretty sure that you have tried iCabMobile as well...

Forgot all about that! I do have it loaded so will have to take it for another spin.

royphotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Opera on all my desktop windows machines and love it, although occasionally I need to use Internet explorer for some sites that opera doesn't work well on. I just downloaded the ipad version and I love the sync feature where I can sync my speed dial and bookmarks from computer to computer, including the iPad. Does anyone know if you can make another browser other then safari to be the default so that when I click on links in an e-mail they will open in Opera?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can make another browser other than safari to be the default so that when I click on links in an e-mail they will open in Opera?

Sorry, but no such thing for a stock iPad.

However, there is such an option for those with jail broken iPads. Its in Cydia and it's called Browser Changer. It's also free...

On topic: Does Opera now have reflow capabilities? The last time I tried it on my iPad ... the font was way too small for these old eyes...

Thanks.

Marilyn

boyzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can make another browser other than safari to be the default so that when I click on links in an e-mail they will open in Opera?

Sorry, but no such thing for a stock iPad.

However, there is such an option for those with jail broken iPads. Its in Cydia and it's called Browser Changer. It's also free...

On topic: Does Opera now have reflow capabilities? The last time I tried it on my iPad ... the font was way too small for these old eyes...

Thanks.

Marilyn
Yes larger fonts a must for me also.

Most reactions

Latest posts