What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Online storage to iPad

geanie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All! I'm wondering if any of you guys have used online document storage to iPad before? It's just interesting to hear if anyone is doing the same thing as me?? I find it pretty nifty that I can put all my docs online and then transfer them to my iPad. For someone like me who spends about three hours on public transport going to and from work and is pretty knocked out by the time he gets home, it is a good invention. There are two relatively well known sites (at least that I know) who are doing it at the moment and they are mypdv and dropbox although dropbox is more for video storage and other large files whereas mypdv is based around organizing your life and working convenience.
It would be nice to hear a few thoughts on this topic because saving time for me has become damn important! Hope i've helped others in the mean time :)

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been using DropBox for about a year now. Love it. I have it on my Macbook Pro, iPhone 4, and iPad. Until Microsoft office comes to the iPad (and then maybe not) I am using Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. Even though I have Documents to Go going with the Apple suite, DropBox, Photo Stream, and the iCloud. is simple great. As for organization, well, DropBox lets me organize to what ever level I want too. It's not just for video.

OP
G

geanie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropbox is a fairly good program. I've used it once or twice. I was reading an article the other day about this myPDV. It was on the Dallas Daily Morning News. From memory something along the lines of Recently Released myPDV something something something. I think it's a growing industry at the moment....although...apple is taking over the world...hahaha

JimSchouten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could also take a look at SugarSync. Works like Dropbox, but the free account is 5 Gb instead of only 2 Gb for Dropbox. I use both. If privacy is an issue, some people prefer SugarSync for its (better) encryption.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Best is that box.net is even available in China (though normally restricted).
Use Dropbox and box.net and love it, especially as I cannot sync my docs at work...

ssarmazi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Dropbox and Box.net. I have also used Sugarsync and Wuala.

I love Dropbox because of the desktop integration. I just copy my files to my dropbox folder and they get synced to all my devices. I love box.net because it gave me 50GB! Now I can backup all my pictures and videos (in addition to external HD backup).

Sugarsync and Wuala didn't have any tangible benefits over the other two so I stopped using them.

Most reactions

Latest posts