What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Online Desktop (Windows and Office on your iPad via the Cloud)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got this app running on my iPad 2 and I have to admit, this is really cool.

It gives you a scaled down version of what looks to be Win7 running a few important windows apps and the three main office programs. With the cloud storage they give you, you can actually do work on this. I have a Word document open, a powerpoint document open (one of mine), and WMP going in the background. All of it working just swimmingly. Oh..i'm using a bluetooth keyboard to type words into Word...but I do miss having a mouse or trackball. Windows touch interface is a bit of a problem, but not enough to not make this useful. It behaves in a very snappy manner.

Heck, this makes an iPad into a Chromebook!!! If you're on-campus and have good wifi...this rocks.

IMG_2409.jpg

Reaction score
This may sound like a stupid question, but what is the name of the app? I probably just completely read over it but I don't see it in here and I really need an app like this. Thanks for your help!!

ssarmazi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That sounds like OnLive Desktop.

While CloudOn gives you full Word/Excel/PowerPoint, it doesn't have a Windows desktop the way OnLive does.

Most reactions