What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One harddrive, 3 different units?

Hegelund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would very much like to have a NAS harddrive, that I can connect via wifi on both my 2 PC's and on my iPad 2.

Is that even possible - and if so, wich app should I use on the iPad to acces the harddrive? :confused:

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, and I think that this will grow in the future

I use FileBrowser to do this (SMB shares). GoodReader can also do the job via FTP.

I am reasonably sure that most if not all NAS devices support SMB shares and FTP.

Also, various manufacturers are starting to market iPad support for NAS devices. Western Digital and Buffalo are two the I have noticed recently.

Many NAS devices have browser based "file management" varying in functionality from quite restricted (e.g. WD Copy Manager, Download Manager) to more general (e.g. QNAP).

OP
H

Hegelund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, and I think that this will grow in the future

I use FileBrowser to do this (SMB shares). GoodReader can also do the job via FTP.

I am reasonably sure that most if not all NAS devices support SMB shares and FTP.

Also, various manufacturers are starting to market iPad support for NAS devices. Western Digital and Buffalo are two the I have noticed recently.

Many NAS devices have browser based "file management" varying in functionality from quite restricted (e.g. WD Copy Manager, Download Manager) to more general (e.g. QNAP).
Thank you very much for the answer!

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone using the WD Mybook? I wonder how well wifi access away from my home network works.

Most reactions

Latest posts