What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One corrupt email

Keytapper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have one email I can not get rid of. I trash it and mail freezes. I restart and read it then trash it and mail freezes. I restart swipe to deleat it and it goes to the trash but still will freeze mail app. Any external way to deleat this one mail message? Oh same behavior on my iPhone. I have the iPad 2 btw. Help please

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can, try going to your e-mail account via the web and delete that e-mail there. That will prevent it from getting to your iPad. Then, do a restart or a reset of the iPad (to include shutting down the Mail app) and try to open the Mail app again. It should be gone.

Hope that'll help - cause I don't know what else. But, I'm sure someone smarter will be along shortly...

Marilyn

OP
Keytapper

Keytapper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks fir the input. I have tried all you suggested and it just will not go away. My online email is empty and the trash has been emptied. I figured I'm going to have to somehow remove it with some "extra" software. I've even deleted the account and started over and THERE IT WAS AGAIN!!!!!!! Sooo we'll see. J

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's a long shot, but try a restart, and if that does not work a reset.

When you deleted and re-added the account, did you open Mail in between? If not the emails may not have been purged. Give it a try.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Most reactions

Latest posts