What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

old iPad, new iTunes

dafnis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own an iPad 1 since quite a long ago, and I was properly using it with iTunes on my laptop.
Unfortunately the hard disk of my laptop crashed, and after changing it I had to install iTunes again.
When I connected my iPad again to the laptop and iTunes opens, now of course does not show under iTues all the apps I had gathered. For example, I have found no option to actually move around apps within the iPad through iTunes, since the iPad screen in iTunes appears "greyed-out" - not sure if I am explaining myself.
I am sure I am not the first one with this issue, any ideas?

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you check mark the box saying"sync apps" the greyed out area should be fixed.as for recovering your apps,i dont know

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused here, in your other post you say you are considering buying an iPad, but apparently you already have one?

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
I'm a little confused here, in your other post you say you are considering buying an iPad, but apparently you already have one?

Is he testing our intelligence you think?

OP
D

dafnis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nothing of the sort... actually you are correct on both.
If you check, my other post was October 2010, when I still did not have my iPad.

Now, March 2012, my question above is referred to that iPad I bought days after that other post... that's why I started the post with "I own an iPad1 since quite long ago..." :)

If you have more insight on my original question above I'd appreciate it.

Semel, regarding your advice, I had actually seen that possibility, but I was afraid that by synchronising I would lose all apps in the iPad, since it would sync with iTunes, where I now have none. Am I correct?

Most reactions

Latest posts