What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, let's try this another way...

kdryan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Being a bit of an amateur at this, I may have been going about it the wrong way before, so I'll throw myself on the mercy of the forum and hope someone has a better way of doing this...

I have s series of construction drawings of an antique airplane I want to take with me and study on my iPad. They are in PDF format right now, but I can export them to any format I need to. They average about 12,000 by 10,000 pixels and about 3mb each. Could someone advise me as to the best way to get these onto my iPad?

Kevin

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
GoodReader.

It is an excellent PDF viewer with solid annotation and file management features (and other handy tricks).

It also has just about the widest range of import methods.

Cloud file services, like DropBox or Box.
iTunes File Sharing
Wi-fi network sharing using your computer's browser
USB transfer using the third party app GoodReaderUSB
Email (of course)

and probably a few more that I missed.

goodiware.com :: products :: GoodReader

OP
K

kdryan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, the plane is a Loving/Wayne WR-1 racer. If you've never heard of Neal Loving, you may want to look him up. He's one of the great untold stories of aviation.

Neal V. Loving

I'll give Goodreader a download and see how that works. Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are welcome.

Let us know how it works out. The link I supplied has a fairly good user manual for GoodReader, but if you have problems don't' hesitate to ask.

OP
K

kdryan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goodreader worked out well, though because of the file size, it takes a long time to load the images. It'll work quite nicely, thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts