What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbered Lists in Pages or anything for that matter

Wall-e

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I bought an iPad about a month ago with one of the goals to use it to take notes in meetings. When i take notes, I use a lot of number lists with indentions. Does anyone know a way to do this in Pages? I even bought a bluetooth keyboard to get a tab key to see if that would do it. My goal is to have the system automatically create the following:

1. Line One
a. subtext one
b. subtext two
2. Main point 2
a. subtext.

This is what pages does

1. line One
2. [tab] subtext one
3. [tab] subtext two

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
None that I know of. Nobody has really nailed the document edit app yet, either they're really ugly and/or they are missing a ton of features.

Frankmezz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont have an answer to your specific question, but i also take notes and recently found and app called SoundNote. it records while you are taking notes and later if you need to listen to something you missed, you press on the typing and the recording plays from that point on. its aimed for classroom use, but i can see you using it in this application.

Most reactions