What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Note taking app

spr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post so please go easy on me!

I have recently bought my first IPad, a 64GB IPad 4 and love it but I want to make more/ better use of it. At work I take a lot of notes from meetings and conversations, I also get sent agendas and other documents that I like to annotate.

I have tried most of the top note taking apps but none of them suit my needs adequately.

I have put together a small list of the features I am wanting;

- multiple notebooks
- multiple 'pages' within each notebook
- use of tags (Evernote)
- coloured pens/ highlighters
- font editing (such as changing font, text size, font colour, BIU, etc.)
- import docs (not creating links)
- page templates.

I haven't found any app that has all these features together, most have only a few, so I would like to know if anyone knows of an app that would meet these requirements.

Thanks
Steve

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Take a look at the app called NotesPlus. It does what you are looking for, for the most part. I am not sure of the Templates or importing docs.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id374211477?mt=8

Their website is a great resource as well, and can offer you all the information you can want. It is currently $7.99, but does drop regularly, I picked it up for $4.99
Notes Plus

OP
S

spr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I have tried Notes Plus, it is very good but, just like the others, misses out on a couple of the things I want

OP
S

spr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to update this post, I have played with most of the top notes apps throughout the year and have settled on OneNote, I have slightly changed the way I work but feel that OneNote is now giving me all I need.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just to update this post, I have played with most of the top notes apps throughout the year and have settled on OneNote, I have slightly changed the way I work but feel that OneNote is now giving me all I need.

Hi Spr - glad that you found an app that is 'almost ideal' for your needs; I'm sure others will benefit from your experience and that of others. I'm sure that you are also using some type of keyboard, either one integrated into a case or a stand alone - might provide some of your thoughts regarding picking out a keyboard and which one seemed to be the best for you. Thanks - Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts