What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not upgrading to ios 7

cazzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all....Sorry, two questions really, got ipad2 and because I already saw previews of ios7, I had no intention of upgrading...but obviously the System update came through and is sitting there with a (1) Badge on it.

(1) Is there a way through iTunes to say ignore update,and therefore get rid of the update badge.

(2) Secondly, I see that going to the update on ipad, it say's "downloaded" already and to hit Install button.
If its already downloaded, then I understand that its taken up about 2.5 or 3gb of temp space. Can I delete that somehow?

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all....Sorry, two questions really, got ipad2 and because I already saw previews of ios7, I had no intention of upgrading...but obviously the System update came through and is sitting there with a (1) Badge on it.

(1) Is there a way through iTunes to say ignore update,and therefore get rid of the update badge.

(2) Secondly, I see that going to the update on ipad, it say's "downloaded" already and to hit Install button.
If its already downloaded, then I understand that its taken up about 2.5 or 3gb of temp space. Can I delete that somehow?

Thanks

My understanding is that there is no way to remove that update once it's on the iPad (neither can you remove the badge).

All you can do is ignore the badge and the update - and be careful what prompts you accept on both iTunes and the iPad. It won't update itself, but if you hit the button ... off it'll go.

Sorry, but on a stock iPad, all you can do is ignore it.

Marilyn

OP
C

cazzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for info.

However, was that a default system download whether you asked for it or not? Meaning it say's IOS 7 has already been downloaded?

Just that I read somewhere else some people said the Settings Update quoted 'Download and Install'

Thanks again

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for info.

However, was that a default system download whether you asked for it or not? Meaning it say's IOS 7 has already been downloaded?

Just that I read somewhere else some people said the Settings Update quoted 'Download and Install'

Thanks again

It's a two-step process (at least it was the last time I tried it out back in later iOS 5 days). The update will automatically install or you could hit the button to install it. Then, after it was loaded on your iPad, you'd get another notice asking if you wanted to install the update.

Marilyn

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all....Sorry, two questions really, got ipad2 and because I already saw previews of ios7, I had no intention of upgrading...but obviously the System update came through and is sitting there with a (1) Badge on it. (1) Is there a way through iTunes to say ignore update,and therefore get rid of the update badge. (2) Secondly, I see that going to the update on ipad, it say's "downloaded" already and to hit Install button. If its already downloaded, then I understand that its taken up about 2.5 or 3gb of temp space. Can I delete that somehow? Thanks

I don't think you can remove or disable the update message, via preferences setting or in itunes in general

Regarding the OS update, you'd have to search in the itunes folder and drill down to find that specific folder to find the file.
Not sure if it's a regedit hack.

FWIW, I'm running a wifi 32GB ipadv2 w/ios7. Works like a champ.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know you say you have no intention of upgrading but do reconsider! All three of my devices are working beautifully with on ios7. And if it is the appearance that you do not like, by changing backgrounds and so on, you can tweak it to make it more to your liking. That reminder to update would drive me nuts!

markdevoll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't do the update. My iPad went from looking cool and working good to looking like a stupid kid toy pad..... What a downgrade ios7 is.... I shouldn't have done it and Apple shouldn't have made it

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
don't do the update. My ipad went from looking cool and working good to looking like a stupid kid toy pad..... What a downgrade ios7 is.... I shouldn't have done it and apple shouldn't have made it

well said. I couldn't agree more. I now have an $800 kid's toy.

fatty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our ipad 2's keypad was useless after the iOS7 update for 4 days, delay when typing was 5-10 seconds, just as I considered a full reset, it started working perfectly.
Safari took a similar amount of time to settle down on my ipad 3. Must need time to think

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just installed iOS7. Guess I'll see tomorrow how I like it.

============================================

Overall no specific complaints or problems. Speed seems unchanged or maybe just a tad slower.

Battery life seems like it might be a tad shorter. Had a full charge when this post was made and the update done. Used it fairly heavily on Wednesday( more than usual) and rather light use today. I am down to 18% right now. Part of that might be leaving Bluetooth enabled until late last night. I missed turning it off while tweaking the settings.

The interface isn't as bad as I thought it might be.

The improved folder structure and management pieces are nice.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts