What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not really an iPad Noob!

tsatryan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I am a newbie to this site, but surely not an iPad Noob! I have been active in many other iSites, and have been an iPad user since day one, and an iPhone user of all models since day one, including the new iPhone 4. I am a long-time user of tech, from way back in CPM days, through all versions of Windoze, and converted to Mac a number of years ago. Currently using a 17" MacBook Pro.

Looking forward to sharing information and learning new things.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a long-time user of tech, from way back in CPM days...
Welcome!

You mean I am not the only one who had a Kaypro computer? (Actually I had two; a Kaypro2 and a Kaypro10) So I ask the guy at the store, "What about this Bill Gates fellow who is trying to sell his Disk Operating System?"

He says not to worry about this tiny little Microsoft company. CP/M is definitely the wave of the future! That was in 1980!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Love the derisory noob. Those of us who had iPhones and iPod Touches were never noobs and knew exactly what we were buying.

Remember the card readers on the uni mainframe.......thank God those days are past.
Roll on the next iPad!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember the card readers on the uni mainframe.......thank God those days are past.
Roll on the next iPad!
Kids today have no idea! This is how I learned to use a computer...

punchcard.jpg

Oh the late night hours in the computer lab sitting at the keyboard filling those boxes full of cards. Now remind me... why did we call those, "The GOOD old days?"

ProPhotoGA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 where did you get my picture? I remember those days. In fact I
learned Fortran and Pascal on a mainframe that used punch cards. Our first
"portable" computer was by HP and weighed in at around 800lbs and had a
whopping 8K of ram.... This was in '72....

My how times have changed!

Gene

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first "portable" computer was a Kaypro2 (which I replaced with a Kaypro10 when it came out) and it ran CP/M. Actually it was a neat little package. I was so thrilled with the Kaypro10 that got its name because it had a 10 Mb hard drive. Yes, you read that right... 10 whole whopping megabytes! And this really was bleeding edge technology for the time. That was 1980 IIRC.

kaypro10.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts