What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

noobie-VERY ill w/tummyflu, no NRG 2 do intro now:-( Have had a"cut/copy" disaster!??

kata_

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am SO SORRY not to write an intro, search old posts, or read the rules, this first time here! But I'm just way too ill to do
anything extra, at all, right now :-< I wouldn't even be able to write this without Siri, quite honestly. :-(

I'm guessing there are thousands of posts out there asking if there's a way to undo a wrong cut-and-paste sequence, so I
really apologize to ask again, but I am so desperate for some hopeful answer, and I have a sinking feeling that there isn't
any! Is there anybody out there, who can truthfully tell me that I'm wrong, and there IS actually a way to undo an idiot
"clipboard" action? (If I were actually, physically amongst you all, I would be lying on the floor, in a fetal position, looking
quite green and sickly, curled feebly around my iPad mini, and genuinely - albeit in a weak and queasy voice - begging
earnestly and desperately, over and over, for this bit of help from anyone and everyone out there - or is that too much
information?!?!)

yours truly,
kata

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
i am SO SORRY not to write an intro, search old posts, or read the rules, this first time here! But I'm just way too ill to do anything extra, at all, right now :-< I wouldn't even be able to write this without Siri, quite honestly. :-( I'm guessing there are thousands of posts out there asking if there's a way to undo a wrong cut-and-paste sequence, so I really apologize to ask again, but I am so desperate for some hopeful answer, and I have a sinking feeling that there isn't any! Is there anybody out there, who can truthfully tell me that I'm wrong, and there IS actually a way to undo an idiot "clipboard" action? (If I were actually, physically amongst you all, I would be lying on the floor, in a fetal position, looking quite green and sickly, curled feebly around my iPad mini, and genuinely - albeit in a weak and queasy voice - begging earnestly and desperately, over and over, for this bit of help from anyone and everyone out there - or is that too much information?!?!) yours truly, kata

I dont think there is any way to undo a wrong cut copy sequence.

If I am wrong, someone else will obviously correct me.

Welcome to iPF and hope you have a happy time here.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Once you've made the wrong clipboard action and while still in the app in which you made the error - if you make an immediate press of the ".?123" key, you should see and "undo" key, like this:

mysyhyge.jpg

However, although I certainly recommend you try it, it usually doesn't work after you've started typing again or moved to another app. Essentially, this key only undoes your last typing action whether it be pasting or typing. It can/will also turn into a "redo" button if you've accidentally hit the undo...

But, this is really just FYI for the next time as I'm afraid there is nothing to be done for your particular situation. Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts