What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No rental or movie streaming?

Josg21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is there no way to stream rentals or movies you buy from the itunes store. I knew the iPhone was like this, but this sucks. That means you have to wait until a movie is completely done downloading before you can watch

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't think you would be able to stream from iTunes. There is an app called "Air Video" that allows you to do this. The server portion is free and the app portion (for the iPod) is $2.99. You point your server to a directory or directories of movies on your desktop - and you can stream from there. Not sure what the clarity is though - and not sure how this works on the iPad.

Netflix also has an app out that allows you to stream their "play it now" movies. I think you have to be a member.

I also heard that ABC has an app available to stream certain TV content.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't think you would be able to stream from iTunes. There is an app called "Air Video" that allows you to do this. The server portion is free and the app portion (for the iPod) is $2.99. You point your server to a directory or directories of movies on your desktop - and you can stream from there. Not sure what the clarity is though - and not sure how this works on the iPad.

Netflix also has an app out that allows you to stream their "play it now" movies. I think you have to be a member.

I also heard that ABC has an app available to stream certain TV content.

I really hope they make an iPad/Universal app soon!

OP
J

Josg21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This sucks, I heard all this hype about how it could be a killer movie watcher. I have gotten used to apple tv, I can start watching something about 2 min after I download it

Most reactions