What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No more Atomic web browser?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Scott iCab also allows you to change the user client in it's settings.
Mine's firefox, as I hate being pushed to mobile pages when using the iPad.

OP
I

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The other thing that really bothers me about the way Apple treats 3rd party browser developers is the warning that comes attached to them --

warning2.jpg

There is no such warning associated with Safari and I can view the exact same types of content on Safari as I can any other bowser, but yet Apple makes it seem like these things will somehow appear on my iPad without my knowledge or consent if I use any other browser than Safari. I have a bad feeling this is just the first bit of bad news for 3rd party browser developers.

Reaction score
I went looking for alternative browsers because of this thread and discovered Perfect Browser. Loving it.
Thanks for this thread. I Google searched private API , still have no clue what it's talking about vs public

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
The other thing that really bothers me about the way Apple treats 3rd party browser developers is the warning that comes attached to them --

There is no such warning associated with Safari and I can view the exact same types of content on Safari as I can any other bowser, but yet Apple makes it seem like these things will somehow appear on my iPad without my knowledge or consent if I use any other browser than Safari. I have a bad feeling this is just the first bit of bad news for 3rd party browser developers.

I was just about to buy Icab. Well, $2 as you say.

Edit: I did buy it and do like it. I have Atomic but not on my Ipad at present o likely gone unless the developer meets the guidelines. I alo have Skyfire and its pretty good for Flash but I don't use it daily.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
. . .There is no such warning associated with Safari and I can view the exact same types of content on Safari as I can any other bowser, but yet Apple makes it seem like these things will somehow appear on my iPad without my knowledge or consent if I use any other browser than Safari. I have a bad feeling this is just the first bit of bad news for 3rd party browser developers.

Where would they put the warning, if they were inclined? You can't buy mobile Safari.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
. . .There is no such warning associated with Safari and I can view the exact same types of content on Safari as I can any other bowser, but yet Apple makes it seem like these things will somehow appear on my iPad without my knowledge or consent if I use any other browser than Safari. I have a bad feeling this is just the first bit of bad news for 3rd party browser developers.

Where would they put the warning, if they were inclined? You can't buy mobile Safari.

I suppose the warning could pop up the first time you run Safari, sort of like the "It appears you are jailbroken" warning I got the first time I ran Flipboard.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I apologize for sounding "dismissive", but purchasing apps has always pretty much been Caveat Emptor or Buyer Beware!

Err, no, every time people mention the mafia-style tactics of the App Store we've heard it's because Apple is trying to help and protect their consumers from low-quality apps and potential scammers. We lose a buck each and it's no big deal, but if they didnt get their 33 cents already it'd be a federal case. And unlike Steve, I ain't no billionaire.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Atomic web browser still wrks fine. Icab is my new fav though! Blows safari away on speed and ease of use. It has a very in-depth settings also.

nshina106

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to restore my computer and I can't seem to get my search bar the way I had it before so I'm hopeing.

Most reactions

Latest posts