What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No more Atomic web browser?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know there are many people who favor the Atomic web browser over Safari mainly because it offers the ability to change the user agent. This means you can set the browser so that web sites think you are using non-mobile versions of Safari, various versions of InternetExplorer and Firefox. It also has tabbed browsing. Most would agree that it is the best 99¢ you can spend in the App Store.

Apparently now we have to change that line to read, "WAS the best 99¢..."

A member PM'd me and asked for the link to the Atomic browser. When I couldn't find it in the App Store, I went to their website and tried the link. It opened iTunes on my PC, but then I got this message --

atomic.jpg

Anyone know what's going on with them?

drosenth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think 5.1 is being rolled/updated. Probably caught iTunes during the upgrade.

No worries - the best browser remains :).

Regards,
Dave

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I read this morning that the Atomic Browser has been pulled from the App store. It was pulled for using private API's. The developer was told to fix this by Friday or it could be pulled, but the App was pulled on Tuesday. I use this browser all the time because of the many features it has that Safari is lacking. I have a question. Can Apple somehow stop my Atomic Browser from working on my iPad? It works just fine right now.

OP
I

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app was 99¢. If it quits working, consider a dollar lost and move on.

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app was 99¢. If it quits working, consider a dollar lost and move on.

Yo may be missing the point, sure this time it was a buck, but what if they pull one of my $15 apps, i hope your not going to tell me to move on....

Tim

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Atomic was my all time greatest BUT I've fallin in love with Icab browser. It reminds me of atomic browser but only better. Loads up faster. I have all the best browsers: atomic, Full browser, Skyfire, icab, puffin, and iswfter. I'm truly impressed with the flash content playing on swifter. It's not as fancy as the others but does it's job.
I really hope Atomic doesn't stop working, I always switch up browsers every now n then. Hopefully, they may be coming w/update to show flash content&sites.

OP
I

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As with just about every company that makes things, Apple has the right to change the specifications of their product at any time without notice. Apps from 3rd party developers get dropped all the time from iTunes (for a variety of reasons), but so far, I do not know of any that have actually stopped working.

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My issue is with the dismissive nature of 1991-C4 comment, amount has nothing to do with the question being asked about refunds....

Tim

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't the apps continue to work as long as you don't delete? Not sure what happens if you sync but I so rarely do that its not much of an issue.

OP
I

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I apologize for sounding "dismissive", but purchasing apps has always pretty much been Caveat Emptor or Buyer Beware! There is no promise that any app will work into perpetuity on your iPad. Sorry!

OP
I

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't the apps continue to work as long as you don't delete? Not sure what happens if you sync but I so rarely do that its not much of an issue.
I don't think syncing would be an issue, but they could theoretically do something when you upgrade to the next iOS that could possibly cause it not to work.

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I apologize for sounding "dismissive", but purchasing apps has always pretty much been Caveat Emptor or Buyer Beware! There is no promise that any app will work into perpetuity on your iPad. Sorry!

This would have been a much better answer the first time around, imho, and I do understand that context is hard to grasp through text, but your first reply was a bit "suck it up and drive on"

Hope I did not offend as well

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts