What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail problem

Spgety

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my PC and my iPhone when I compose an email and type the first letter of the recipients name in the To box, a list of email addresses comes up to choose from. On my new iPad 3 the list that comes up is my phone contacts. How do I change this? I can't find anyplace to change this. I deleted and reinstated my Gmail account on the iPad with no change. I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are two types of address that normally show up when you type in the TO: field. One is email addresses you've previoulsy entered manually, or replied to. The other is email addresses from your Contacts app.

Are you syncing your Google contacts on the iPad, and are they the same as on your iPhone?

OP
S

Spgety

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they're synched. How can I tell? And thanks for the help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, are you set up to sync them, through GMail, iCloud, or some other service?

You would check that in your account settings under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. When you open the account's settings, there will be a set of switches that may include Contacts, or not, depending on the account type. For iCloud accounts check Settings > iCloud instead.

Or you can just look at the contacts on all your devices and see if they are the same or make some changes on one and see if they get copied to all the others.

Most reactions