What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Gen iPad/Trackball

nthnm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The fact that he would then have to have a program on the iPad to enable a mouse pointer is what tipped me off that it was bs/a joke. Nice one though. I agree - if you believed it, what more is there to say....

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know why but I have an obsession with trackballs, especially the ones that spin good...

Like I said I have a keyboard that has a trackball in the corner, and I have come across studies that say it's healthier to use a keyboard that has a trackball

Does anybody know if any Bluetooth keyboard that has a trackball on it that works with the iPad?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I might start selling modified ipads with trackballs...
I think the lawyers at One Infinite Loop might have something to say about that! Now if you (or your uncle) could make an external pointing device that is either BT or somehow uses the docking connector (maybe with the camera kit), then you might have something.

SR45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goodness sakes, a track ball is actually slower than using ones finger to scroll using the IPad. What is the logical point ?

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, if the trackball is in the corner, it's difference between having to move your entire hand for touchpad, or just having to move your thumb for the trackball..

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A trackball at the corner wouldn't be ergonomic. The display rotates so you would be limited in one position.
Then, that thing you crafted in your demo protrudes so much you couldn't carry the iPad in a bag without breaking something.

If you really crave a trackball, make a bluetooth one with a suction cup that you could place anywhere around the perimeter of the screen. Then write the software to patch it in the OS...

Most reactions

Latest posts