What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Gen iPad/Trackball

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you seen the keyboards with trackballs in the upper left, I have a wireless one, and I also have a PC corded keyboard that's has a huge trackball...

Altogether including keyboards And mice, I have about 10 trackball devices..

It would be nice If the next gen iPad has a trackball, a small one..in the corner somewhere.

Love trackballs!

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why would you want a trackball when the whole iPad is a flat trackball/giant trackpad? There's no mouse pointer, so no need for a trackball.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's natural to revert to things we are used to control well, that fit like a second skin. But it's good too to see new things and new ways also.
The iPad's is a fine interface and it does need improvements in selecting for speed sake but I'd live with it as is. Just use it for what it does.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I opened up and modified my iPad and installed a trackball in the upper right corner!

(I did the same thing with ps3 controller..)

My uncle is a technician and repairs electronics for a living, we worked together all day, but finally got it done!

At first it didn't work but my uncle fiddled with it so more and it works!

I think I might start selling modified ipads with trackballs if this modification doesn't make my iPad stop working..

I'm actually writing this wit my iPad and using the trackball to navigate, it's awesome!

Will post in a few hours!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did you drill the glass without breaking it? Where did you connect it inside? The software recognizes it? You must be a magician? Pictures?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did you drill the glass without breaking it? Where did you connect it inside? The software recognizes it? You must be a magician? Pictures?

I bet you will never see the real picture, and a video ….. it’s impossible to do it … the iOS is made for touch screen for manage to use a mousse or trackball you have to hack the system and modified all the OS , how many time we have see mock up for game pad but no one come out yet …

Let say someone he is trying to get audience

martinc31415

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I opened up and modified my iPad and installed a trackball in the upper right corner!

(I did the same thing with ps3 controller..)

My uncle is a technician and repairs electronics for a living, we worked together all day, but finally got it done!

At first it didn't work but my uncle fiddled with it so more and it works!

I think I might start selling modified ipads with trackballs if this modification doesn't make my iPad stop working..

I'm actually writing this wit my iPad and using the trackball to navigate, it's awesome!

Will post in a few hours!

I made a new stand for my iPad which allows me to mount it on the back of my magical unicorn"s head while I am riding it!

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I bet you will never see the real picture, and a video ….. it’s impossible to do it … the iOS is made for touch screen for manage to use a mousse or trackball you have to hack the system and modified all the OS , how many time we have see mock up for game pad but no one come out yet …

Well looky who came out of the dark age... No hear from you in long time... How is your web site going... Have you launched yet ???:D

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, here is the pic, the base a lil thick, but my uncle had to have a thick base for wiring it, so far so good..

and never underestimate the power of an uncle who is an electrician...

SANY0125.jpg

(if you actually believed this then I dont know what to tell you)

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I won't need a trackball, IMO trackball is more difficult to handle

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like a Hot Wheels tire with a steel marble sitting on top..... Why do I get the feeling this is BS. I think iPadOne nailed it :mad:

Last edited:
OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like a Hot Wheels tire with a steel marble sitting on top..... Why do I get the feeling this is BS. I think iPadOne nailed it :mad:

gee, Sherlock, maybe you should have scrolled beneath the pic...lol

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

gee, Sherlock, maybe you should have scrolled beneath the pic...lol

I think you have trackballs planted in your brain... And yes the steel ones :confused:

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well looky who came out of the dark age... No hear from you in long time... How is your web site going... Have you launched yet ???:D

Hi Captain :) , we have not open the shop , as we be really busy with the wholesale … soon we will have some of our products in the Apple store …. i have to see with Doug to manage a contest where will offer a genius stuff for some lucky member

By the way nice to hear you again

PS: if you look in one of my today reply here you can see what is our latest genius stuff

Most reactions

Latest posts